AuthorMessage
soldier

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:08 pm

everything I say is only my opinion,
the question is not why iggy or Sony or colombia or anyone will do that,
otherwise the answer will probably be money

but rather, as a fan not blind, do you trust most to your ears? or the music industry?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
mark wrote:
Got to say, I've listened to this and I think you're all nuts!

Why the hell would the modern-day Stooges bother going back to a 28-year-old backing track, overdub it with deliberately half-assed vocals and try and pass it off as a vintage outtake? What would be the point?

Admittedly the vocal on this track isn't great, but it's obvious that it's just an off-the-cuff studio moment that was never intended for release. Iggy sounds like he's casually freestyling, putting placeholder vocals on a tune that the band have perhaps only just worked out - not unlike the offhand versions of Money and Louie Louie from the I Got A Right sessions. I hear nothing here to suggest that it's not an original 1972 vocal, albeit a less than sparkling one.

The mix sounds cleaner than the original album version because it's obviously a fresh 2010 mixdown from the original multitracks. It sounds different from the album because it was mixed in a modern digital studio by clear-headed middle-aged men, rather than in some scuzzy Hollywood facilty by a couple of drug-crazed loons in 1972. However, if you listen to the actual sound of the guitar and drums, you can tell it's contemperaneous to the Raw Power verison, minus various effects and analogue scuzz.

A Pro Tools loop? Are you kidding?

Great post. Cool

I concur. See my notes on the deluxe reissue thread...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
rubber legs

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   Fri May 07, 2010 5:01 pm

I don't buy the vocals being 2010. As has been pointed out already, Iggy can't sing like that anymore. But, even if they did turn out to be new vocals, I wouldn't much care. I like the song regardless of when the vocals were recorded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   

Back to top Go down

I'm Hungry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3