HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Interview with Paul Trynka

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Paul Trynka   Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Paul T wrote:
From the people I've spoken to, the times Iggy was nasty, it was usually the drugs talking. He's not dismissive of people and usually not nasty to fans (altho he would take all their drugs and leave them standing there). There are problems between him and Ivan too complex to go into here! There are moments of gratuitous cruelty, as with Bob Koester, but those are explicable. In this respect I think Iggy and Lou are entirely different. You also have to remember that in Please Kill Me, most of the people questioned were very bitter, their recollections were coloured, and the authors were perhaps more interested in drugs and carnage rather than the music. But with Iggy, it was all about the music in a way.

I personally don't think of Iggy as a nasty or mean person, I think of him as a rather noble one. The point I was trying to make in the Q&A is that he has an entirely different agenda: namely, that he thinks about himself, and his ambitions, first.

How much of this is selfishness, and how much of this is about the music? That is the prime question, and the answer depends on whether you're a friend, or an audience member! If you're the latter, there's no question but that he's the most generous front man there is. Who is there, at the age of 60 or so, that puts it on the line for the audience, like he does?
The first subparagraph in what you say speaks to me Paul.
In the second you say you wanted to make the point that iggy had an entirely different agenda.
Than the question is; than what other agenda? You mean.. than pleasing and helping people?
His agenda was the music. That was crystal clear from the beginning, to everybody.
Enough is said with the fact that Iggy was a long period a 100% drug addict.
His attitude was totally a stereotype. Recognizable for all drug addicts in that degree.
drugs r taking over completely their life and character. These people can be worse than animals.

as others do.. i don't believe in 'the other side' of Iggy his personality as being a mean and nasty person.
Just think you can't talk about Iggy his character in general, with taking it very serious all he did in that drugged out period
as if that belongs to him as a part of his persona.

And yeah MG196; almost al good lead singers - from that period - were pretty drugged out ..so very 'egocentric'.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Paul Trynka   Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:13 pm

[quote="Paul T"] There are moments of gratuitous cruelty, as with Bob Koester, but those are explicable.

DO TELL! How could I have missed this dirt. What the heck happened? Anybody?

Iggy's the original punk. He spits at the fans. Gives 'em the finger. Yells fuck you at them. That's who he is. Love him to pieces. I don't care what he does to anybody. He's a riot.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Paul Trynka   Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Quote :
From the people I've spoken to, the times Iggy was nasty, it was usually the drugs talking.

i think this sums up the argument, and the main reason that he may have been ''nasty'' or watever to ppl

i also agree with your statement, paul, that he put himself, namely his music, his ambitions infront of everything

i watched a documentary on neil young there the other week and ppl said the same of him, he can just turn and like not take you on tour or watever it was, guitarists and such, u'no, but they said that it was his way, it was wherever the music took, and in a way, its admirable, on a humanistic plane its obviously quite callous, but i think in terms of music - and as you say, in terms of the audience, its easy to understand and to admire even, well understand at least
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Paul Trynka   Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Rode Hard, Iggy and the dudes tried to let him drink Iggy's PISS
chapter 2 Paul's book
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Paul Trynka   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm

that part of the book made me laugh so hard. that dude really wanted to knock iggy's head off.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Paul Trynka   Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:11 am

Oh noes. Does it get worse? Mistreating a blues legend? Isn't that a felony? What a bunch a punk ass bitches. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Paul Trynka   

Back to top Go down

Interview with Paul Trynka
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2