Share | 

Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mc

Number of posts : 1765
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:09 am

You know those mythic Stooges tracks:

# My Veins Are Crying
# Black Ace
# Emotional Problems
# On The Beach
# Love Light
# Sack O' Shit

I was just wondering where the hell these titles came from and whether anyone has got/heard them?

The first written record I know of these is from Per's Wild One book - Per maybe you could enlighten us.

Cheers,

Rupert
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:40 am

never heard the name Love Light before or black ace for that matter, damn i hope these are in existence

on the beach is actually down on the beach, as in down on the street

theres more too,what about Big Time Bum, or Bozos or that spider one

great titles

when i read the title of the thread i was liek, holy shit someones found these!! lol thanks alot mc! (sarcasm)
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:10 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
never heard the name Love Light before or black ace for that matter, damn i hope these are in existence

on the beach is actually down on the beach, as in down on the street

theres more too,what about Big Time Bum, or Bozos or that spider one

great titles

when i read the title of the thread i was liek, holy shit someones found these!! lol thanks alot mc! (sarcasm)

HJW, where did you find that avatar pic? Love it, man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 am

found it just looking through photos of ron, ill post it in the pictures thread, its him with niagra and fred smith
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 am

Theres also the infamous "Nigger Man" which Iggy and James deny it yet Ron (the always reliable) says that it was a song they wrote.
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:37 am

The main reason I just listed these ones is because if I remember rightly Per actually gives them a session recording date in his book (sometime in 73) so hopefully they do exist.

Here's a wiki link for Stooges tracks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stooges_discography

Never heard of Toy Soldiers, is that one of the 68 jams?
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:54 pm

mc wrote:
Here's a wiki link for Stooges tracks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stooges_discography

To be REALLY HONEST, I put there most of this names of Stooges unreleased tracks -> basing on the info that were posted here on the forum. I hope it doesn't bother people Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:06 pm

never heard of it either, and it lists rock action as an unreleased track and one called Radio AD, havent heard of Egyptian Women, or Adolescent Nightmare

damn those are some cool names, hope they sound as cool and were recorded by someone, love these ones in particular

# Spiders
# Secret Storm
# Piss In Your Face
# The Razor's Edge
# Ni**er Man
# Egyptian Woman
# Way Down In Egypt
# Searching For Head
# Private Parts
# My Veins Are Crying
# Black Ace

such cool names

we better hear asthma attack sooner or later, hope Rhino release it as a bside or something to a dog single in memory of Ron
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:18 pm

if you click the little 1 next to radio ad it brings up the night of destruction box set. radio ad in that set was just a radio ad for the stooges in st. louis in 73. reasons like this are why i dont really care for wikipedia. haha.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:20 pm

oh rite, fuck, im so stupid, i thought it was Radio A.D. lol, was wondering what it was about

yeh, i have NOD

cant believe how stupid that was haha
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:46 pm

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
mc wrote:

To be REALLY HONEST, I put there most of this names of Stooges unreleased tracks -> basing on the info that were posted here on the forum. I hope it doesn't bother people Smile

No problem - I thought it must be someone on the Forum when I saw Piss in Ya Face and Razor's Edge on there.

I think Egyptian Woman is another name for Way Down in Egypt (a Funhouse style freakout). Adolescent Nightmare I'm not sure about but one of the tracks on St Charles Factory 71 is introduced by Iggy as "Jerry Lewis Adolescent Nightmare" so I'm guessing it's that.

Toy Soldiers is the only one I never heard of, even here on the Forum.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:52 pm

mc wrote:
Adolescent Nightmare I'm not sure about but one of the tracks on St Charles Factory 71 is introduced by Iggy as "Jerry Lewis Adolescent Nightmare" so I'm guessing it's that.

st. louis adolescent nightmare .. from what i was told.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Shakes wrote:
st. louis adolescent nightmare .. from what i was told.

Yeah, Iggy says that before they start to play 'You Don't Want My Name'!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
mc

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 pm

My mistake, I always thought it was Jerry Lewis, then I only realised it was St Louis when i heard the cleaned up version. Slipped my mind.
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 pm

It's "St. Louis adolescent nightmare". He would often make up titles like that. At the Electric Circus, 1971, he introduced "Fresh Rag" as "New York pussy smells like dog shit".
Per
Back to top Go down
pernil

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm

The titles "My Veins Are Crying" etc. are from Bomp reels, but many are just titles scribbled on there. The dates might or might not be accurate. I still have some documentation of that somewhere. I think they were part of stuff James W. sold to them along w. "Gimme Some Skin" etc. Per
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:00 pm

haha, classic iggy titles! love the title st louis adolescent nightmare, thats amazing, and fresh rag such cool titiles

speak of the devil, he's on TV as im talking, the car ad, the more i see it the more the novelty wears off and i wonder why he's doin it lol still cool though
Back to top Go down
pernil

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Another one would be "Our next selection is entitled 'Black Like Me'", as an introduction of "Who Do You Love?" at the Vanity Ballroom. Per
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:13 pm

thats so cool, damn i hope we get to hear these someday, haha black like me thats so cool any others?
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Cheers Per, I suppose they'd have been released by now if they were any good - maybe they're just other names for things like My Girl Hates my Heroin, Born in a Trailer, etc??
Back to top Go down
pernil

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Yes, I think they're are other titles for tracks we've heard. I don't think there are many unheard 1973-74 tunes, actually. Per
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:29 pm

You know when I first got your book in 88 and saw all those track titles I'd never heard of, I totally creamed myself. Remember this was before Internet so any Stooges info was a bonus.

I dreamed about what those tracks would sound like for many years,
and I have to say a big thank you to BOMP, Revenge and now Easy Action.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:34 pm

"Sack O' Shit" could be another name for "I Got Nothin". I remeber reading that name and getting annoyed because I had written a song with the same nam and I realised that any Stooges recording of the same name would beat anything I could come up with. Laughing

"My Veins Are Crying" could be "Pinpoint Eyes", just a thought.
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:42 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
"Sack O' Shit" could be another name for "I Got Nothin". I remeber reading that name and getting annoyed because I had written a song with the same nam and I realised that any Stooges recording of the same name would beat anything I could come up with. Laughing

"My Veins Are Crying" could be "Pinpoint Eyes", just a thought.

That's also known as Cry For Me so could be it
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:08 pm

dont ruin the illusion people! lol

i'd like to think there are still masterpieces out there

though it would be cool to clear up what we've heard and need to hear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   

Back to top Go down

Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next