Share | 

Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mark

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:56 am

mc wrote:
# My Veins Are Crying
# Black Ace
# Emotional Problems
# On The Beach
# Love Light
# Sack O' Shit
Just a quick bump of this thread in case anyone can shed light on these titles.

To recap, they are taken from the track listings that Bomp have for their original reels used to source various releases from the 'Detroit Rehearsal' tapes. You can see the full listing of the taoes they have here.

It seems very probable that they are alternative titles for other songs - certainly, Emotional Problems appears to be Wild Love. Also note that several known 'Detroit Rehearsal' songs, like How It Hurts and Hey Baby, don't appear in the lists.

So does anyone know what these mystery songs really are? Maybe someone who has bootleg copies of the full tapes?
Back to top Go down
blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:00 am

'On the Beach' is some title for a song when you consider the Stooges playing it. Since theres no recording of it i decided to write my own version of how i thought it might sound for my own band.
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:17 am

"On The Beach" was an early version of "Down On The Street".
Back to top Go down
Edwin S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 am

If anyone wants to hear the studio version of Asthma Attack, check here: http://www.wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=35868&archive=60898&starttime=0%3A10%3A44

The song starts a little late, so you'll have to backtrack a bit, but the entire recording is there and sounds great.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:28 am

G, F#, E wrote:
"On The Beach" was an early version of "Down On The Street".
Nay. 'Down on the Beach' was an early version of 'Down on the Street'. The title 'On the Beach' (no Down) comes from the tracklisting of a Feb 25 1973 rehearsal tape that's in Bomp's archive, which also includes such songs as Johanna, Nowhere (aka Born in a Trailer) and Head On. Of course we don't know for sure without hearing the tape, but it seems unlikely in the extreme that they were playing a discarded early version of Down on the Street alongside those songs, 3 years on from Funhouse.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Yeah "Rock Action" is a solo Iggy Song,I think its on Nuggets? Give me Rock action..satisfaction...like that.

Oh and btw thanks fro teh Asthma Attack link.you know on listening again,teh end of teh track where Ron and Dave are dueling,you can REALLY here the Harry Partch influences.You guys should check out Harry Partch if you havent on youtube,go get enlightened to on of the Stooges' early influences! check this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6buNHKzS-Nc
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:28 am

I wrote all the information about official and unofficial The Stooges / Iggy Pop songs here:
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/RARE%20SONGS.htm#
I consulted with a lot of relevant people (Natalie, JW, M.Tipton ...) about it so I hope that the information is correct.
Of course, all written on this forum is used. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
neven

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:44 pm

g.thanks for your hard work on this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc   

Back to top Go down

Unreleased Stooges Tracks My Veins Are Crying/Black Ace, etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2