What if Williamson rejoined?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:57 am

Or not, that would be strange but what about just simply ROCK ACTION! Razz Hehe...
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 am

It's just because Iggy was the leader, you know what I mean. Of course I love Iggy the most. I mean think about it.... just take a second and ponder.

... Without Iggy the Stooges never would have been ANYTHING ! Not Scott, Ron, Dave, James, ect.

And it's not that the musicians wern't good enough, it's just that fans came to see Iggy shock the audience, not to really listen to the music most of the time.

And then in the Raw Power era, most people were just comming to heckle Iggy, and throw shit at him.

These are just my thoughts, please don't fry me from the statement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:22 pm

JLTS agree to a certain point. undoubtedly James Osterberg 's urge, craze and talent made him into the Iggy you are talking about.
But don't forget he never could become Iggy without Ron and Scott their huge influence and the band they had.

Last edited by ZinZin on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:46 pm

I only wish that Iggy continues to play and perform. I hope that the band will never more be called The Stooges, because The Stooges without Ron, does not make sense.
I would like to hear again James Williamson on guitar, especially songs like Open Up & Bleed, She Creatures of Hollywood Hills, Head On, or Heavy Liquid (that songs Iggy has not played after 1974), but The Stooges (1968/71) and Iggy and The Stooges (1972/74) are not the same band. Iggy and The Stooges have not played songs from the albums The Stooges and Fun House.

The Stooges is differed from other reunion bands, because most people don't know who are David Johansen, Wayne Kramer, or Daniel Ash ... but everyone knows who is Iggy Pop. It does not matter what is written on the poster for the concert (Iggy Pop, or The Stooges, or Iggy and The Stooges), the audience is the same.

I hope Iggy gives Scott, Mike and Steve the choice to be in his backing band. Personally, I think that is Deniz Tek excellent choice for guitarists, but Iggy knows best.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
soldier

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:08 pm

soldier wrote:
for the french thing , it's true
soldier in these links.. is it saying that there will be released an album with Iggy's music inspired on Houellebecq??
dzjeez.. especially that book 'Possibility of an Island' should get zero attention Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:14 pm

heavy liquid wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

I've heard of a few people who when going to see the gig where "Fun House" was played in its entireity asking if Iggy Pop would be there because it was billed as "The Stooges". Which is a real shame but for the reformed Stooges.

WTF? Are they fucking retarded?!?!

They just don't know much about The Stooges besides their albums. "Iggy and The Stooges" as a name will pull more crowds than calling themselves "The Stooges". "Iggy" is a more recognised name. When I went to see them in Leeds there was a group of people chanting "Play "I'm A Dog"!" They probably just recognised the name "Iggy" and went along to it.

For me personally "The Stooges" and "Iggy And The Stooges" are two different bands.

The Stooges = 1968 - 1971, 2003 - 2008
Iggy And The Stooges = 1972 - 1974

But you can't have either of them without Ron, like Iguanas said, any variation of The Stooges without makes no sense.

Last edited by G, F#, E on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paddy08

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm new enough here and hope this wont get my head bitten off, but to me it's all the same. The stooges, funhouse, raw power, the weirdness. That to me is the stooges. I dont have "the stooges" and "Iggy and the stooges" in my head. Ron made vital contributions to all albums. James Williamson to 1. If they tour with James Williamson and call it the stooges I'm ok with it. I hope they do, I know there wont be one stooges fan at the gigs who wont be thinking of Ron. Every gig would be in memory of ron for us fans. What greater way of honouring him. Plus Scott deserves whatever he gets from it. It's all good music those 4 albums. Let it be heard and enjoyed. Let it be in memory of not just ron but dave aswell. Celebrate the music and the people.
Theres so much fake in the world of music right now that we need real bands. No matter if it's ron or james on guitar they were and are a real band.
Thats my cupla focal on the subject. Slán agus beannacht a chairde..
Back to top Go down
mc

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:30 pm

I agree, if James joined they should still be called the Stooges. I mean Iggy, Scott, James, Steve Mackay were all Stooges back in the day - 4 outta 5 ain't bad.

D'you think when Brian Jones left the Stones, there was all this discussion about them not being the Stones any more?
Back to top Go down
larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 pm

mc wrote:
I agree, if James joined they should still be called the Stooges. I mean Iggy, Scott, James, Steve Mackay were all Stooges back in the day - 4 outta 5 ain't bad.

D'you think when Brian Jones left the Stones, there was all this discussion about them not being the Stones any more?

Exactly. In my original post that started this I said that this no use of the name Stooges thought process was an emotional response and I still believe that. I know that there are people out there who dislike Pete and Roger using The Who and David and Sylvain calling their new outfit the New York Dolls. I think that denying them the right to use the name that they have built up over long years of work defeats the purpose of what they do for a living. Now, keep in mind - we are not talking about the replacement drummer of some band continuing using the name after all original members have passed on or retired. We are talking about principal members soldiering on without a key member or two.

When Ray Kroc died they didn't change the names of all of the McDonalds and none of you cared because you weren't emotionally invested in it. But there are likely legions of fans and not yet fans who would go and see a Stooges show with Mr Williamson on board. Fans who have not yet experienced a Stooges show or, perhaps , ever heard Funhouse. If the name goes on and they attract new fans then the legacy continues.

Also, as I said before; I am pretty certain that Ron would want the show to go on.

Now, if Iggy and Scott choose to retire the name then I have no problem with it. It should, however, be their choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:58 pm

larry fine wrote:
Now, if Iggy and Scott choose to retire the name then I have no problem with it. It should, however, be their choice.

It's just as simple as that!

Hope something will be announced soon.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:32 pm

ZinZin wrote:
larry fine wrote:

It's just as simple as that!

Hope something will be announced soon.

Yeah...in all honesty, Larry's post makes the most sense of all.

Let Scott & Iggy make that call.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:17 pm

I love the Williamson era stuff as well it just seems (to me) that if Williamson came on board it would be like Ron getting replaced again.
Back to top Go down
hudsterboy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Oh fucking jesus christ WHO GIVES A FUCK??????

SPECULATE SPECULATE SPECULATE! THEY SHOULD DO THIS! THEY SHOULD DO THAT! BLABLABLBHALBHALBHLASKAL;SKAL

AGAIN!!
WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK

I've read this fucking bored and all I see is the same shit OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!All this shit about what exactly makes a "stooges", and who's the better guitarist, etc. etc. etc. STFUPPPPPPP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 pm

hudsterboy wrote:

SPECULATE SPECULATE SPECULATE! THEY SHOULD DO THIS! THEY SHOULD DO THAT! BLABLABLBHALBHALBHLASKAL;SKAL

AGAIN!!
WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK

I've read this fucking bored and all I see is the same shit OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!All this shit about what exactly makes a "stooges", and who's the better guitarist, etc. etc. etc. STFUPPPPPPP!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing. Such astute observations are always welcome. Please drop by again sometime and explain why you would bother lurking on a message board that you dislike and then taking the trouble to register and post such scintillating contributions. I'm sure all here are just as thankful as I to have had you grace us with your presence. Be well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:36 pm

thanks Larry
and
bye bye Hudsterboy!!!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 pm

ZinZin wrote:
thanks Larry
and
bye bye Hudsterboy!!!

That pretty well covers it. Laughing

Geez, that's the first real dickhead I remember seeing here.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:59 pm

hudsterboy wrote:

AGAIN!!
WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK

Thanks for contributing your unique spin on things "hudsterboy", it really is refreshing to hear a new point of view. It had never occured to me that using caps lock and several explanation marks in a row could convey an opinion more effectively.

I will now try your technique for myself if I may by translating what I just said for you "hudsterboy" and only you, I feel like we're already forming a bond. In a way its like I love you, as a friend that is. Anyway I digress, here you go:

Thank god THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS 4 TELLING US WAT U THNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITZ GR8 2 HERE A NEW POINT OV VUE

I
NEVER
KNEW
I
COULD
USE
CAPS
LOCK
AND
EXPLANATION
MARKS
B4
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read theses fucking poasts and i saw yours and it all makes sense THANK THANK THANK THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! why the fucking hell would we talk about the "stooges" on a stooges forum IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:12 am

Laughing Laughing

That was beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:25 am

Hudsterboy is pretty cool. i bet he will be sharing some valuable info and thoughts here.
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:49 am

Loose1969 wrote:
ZinZin wrote:
thanks Larry
and
bye bye Hudsterboy!!!

That pretty well covers it. Laughing

Geez, that's the first real dickhead I remember seeing here

absolutely. this is probably the ONLY board i've ever posted on that some fuckhead, or, another--didn't, eventually, show up on...

thank god for phpBB ban list and moderator queue... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:10 am

I also agree with Larry.
It does not matter as the band called (Iggy Pop, The Stooges, or Iggy and The Stooges), only is important that Iggy still remain in the music.

I just wanted to point out the differences between The Stooges and Iggy and The Stooges.

The break-up of the Stooges was 1971.
In March 1972 Iggy and James went to England to recruit a NEW BAND and start recording the album. They auditioned several musician for their band, but they could not find anyone. Then they invited Ron and Scott in London.
Songs on the Raw Power album were written by James and Iggy, and Ron and Scott played as a „studio musicians“.
On tour 1973/74 the new band has a different concept (included keyboards and harmonica) and playing ONLY new songs (James & Iggy songs).
Ron songs from the first two albums are not played, because it was not longer The Stooges. Now, It was a new band, Iggy & James band. I think the name is not important. Perhaps the name "Iggy and The Stooges" was ideas from Bowie.

Why The Stooges reunion played only songs from the first two albums? Because for Iggy, Ron and Scott they are The Stooges albums.

Ron and James are two totally different guitarist. For me, Ron Asheton songs are The Stooges and James Williamson songs are Iggy and The Stooges, but I LOVE BOTH EQUALLY.

mc wrote:

The Rolling Stones played same songs with Brian Jones, Mick Taylor and Ron Wood on guitar. Ron Asheton never played guitar on James songs, except on the last few concerts.

Kill City - Iggy, James, Scott Thurston were all Stooges - 3 outta 5 ain't bad. Smile
Iggy Pop 1978 Tour - Iggy, Scott Asheton, Scott Thurston were all Stooges - 3 outta 5 ain't bad. Smile
New Values - Iggy, James, Scott Thurston were all Stooges - 3 outta 5 ain't bad. Smile
Ron Asheton's New Order – Ron, Jimi Recca, Scott Thurston were all Stooges - 3 outta 5 ain't bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
mc

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:38 am

Hudsterboy you'll like this - In my view 1st Tier Stooges are Iggy, Dave, Ron, Scott and James W, 2nd Tier are Steve Mackay, Scott Thurston, Jimi Recca, Billy Cheatham, Zeke Zettner. So 3 1st Tier Stooges plus a 2nd Tier Stooge still makes THE STOOGES~! And I'd pay my good money any day of the week to go see them.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:47 am

Loose1969 wrote:
Laughing Laughing

That was beautiful!

Please all credit must go to the inspirational words of "hudsterboy".
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:57 am

hudsterboy wrote:

AGAIN!!
WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK

Then why join the board for?

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   

Back to top Go down

What if Williamson rejoined?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: