Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Nadja,

Ron was strictly an axe man when I met him in 1969.

I am not sure if he still played the accordian but I never saw or heard it.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Number of posts : 2605
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:43 pm

haha, good to know Natalie.
I'm just so interested in the man and his music.
One final question...for the time being anyway... did Ron ever talk about how he came to learn guitar, I mean, where did he take lessons, that sort of thing. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:52 pm

Oh Nadja,

You will have more questions,I am sure of that. The questions are fine. Keep them coming. I am just sorry I can not answer all of them.

I think Ron was self taught. I never talked with him about having lessons. I think if he had been taught proper at a music school, he would have been a more restrained musician and not been inspired to play the way he did.

And I sure am glad he played the way he did!

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:02 pm

Natalie wrote:

And I sure am glad he played the way he did!

Aren't we all.

OK, I really have run out of questions for tonight. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mc

Number of posts : 1760
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 am

Another from me Natalie, just wanted to know roughly what was the percentage of guys to gals who were members of the original fan club?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:00 am

Mc,

There were more guys than girls. I'd say 70 percent guys. There were guys who were just crazy about the Ig. Other than the NYC crowd, which was mixed, most of the guys I met at shows were straight.They just loved the band.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:26 am

What's not to love?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
dorianmode

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Natalie, you mentioned Scott's tattoo earlier, did any of the others ever get one, do you know?
Also, did they watch a lot of TV? (Ron obviously liked the Three Stooges from early on, of course)
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Dorianmode,

Scott was the only Stooge that got a tattoo that I knew about anyway!

TV,huh? You know I don't remember if there was a TV at the FunHouse. I do remember that when I visited them during tours that the TV was on in the hotel rooms but nobody was watching because there were other things going on.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:45 am

Thanks Natalie, thats really interesting to know. All The Stooges articles I've read say they were addicted to watching TV which I always found odd but that seems not to be the case.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 am

GFE,

It is well known that Ron was a Three Stooges fan. So if that is the basis of saying the Stooges were addicted to TV, that is one way of looking at it. I can tell you that I visited with the Ig on one of his solo tours and the television was on full blast when I arrived.

But then again, you should not believe everything you read. As I read through this forum and one of the books about rock and roll that I just purchased, I am noticing those tall tales again. I read different people's account of things and I was there and I know that it just a'int true.

Sometimes you just have to choose who you believe. I choose my memory. It has not failed me yet!

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Natalie,

Have you any idea what Dave's parents did? I think Scott mentioned once his dad was a butcher, and his mom worked in some kind of charity shop? - just wondering if you knew about this. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Nadja,

I don't know any more than what you mentioned. Although I met his parents, it was at the hospital and we only made superficial conversation after Dave explained who I was.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 am

hi natalie,
in the first popped I read stooges were gonna play the holand pop festival(kralingen,rotterdam)unbeliavable!!?!!!!
if this would have happened kralingen would not be remembered as the dutch woodstock but the dutch altamont(end of the hippy dream)who knows after this dutch bands would copy the stooges and punk would start in rotterdam in 1975 instead of 1975 in new york.
By the way if holland would not have traded surinam for new york(nieuw amsterdam it was called originally)then punk came out of holland anyway.

Serously,do you remember anything more about stooges and the holland pop festival?never heard or read anything about this overhere.
thanks for all your stories.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 am

Neven, I only had that bit of info at the time. It always saddened me that the Stooges never got to gig around Europe in the early 70's. Yes, we can only speculate on what might have been since Europe certainly loves the band now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie   

Back to top Go down

Trivial Early Stooges Questions > answered by Natalie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4