Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:38 am

Well i'm in the US, and no sign of the boxset so far.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Les (The Clarkness) or Carlton - we know you use this forum, so can someone please just tell us what the timings are for despatch of the box set. Please note - none of this is a criticism of your artistic endeavours (we all loved "Heavy Liquid".) We would just like a word from you on when we can expect to receive the much anticipated box set.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:57 pm

just saw EA posted this on their website;

contact easy action

Thank you to you all for your incredible patience with us through these bloody frustrating times !!

we have had an email problem for about a week all emails in the last week havent been answered as we have not had access to them . However we now have Hundreds all at once and we will answer all of them .

Stooges and Bolan shipping :- we will put up exact shipping dates of both tomorrow i expect them both to be in a day or two

Normal service will resume I promise ...or i will go insane !!!!!!

Edie

so....the question is, do we believe them? haha im only kidding, its good to know we're getting closer - whats the bolan package?
Back to top Go down
larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 pm

I got a somewhat similar email - details a bit different but indicating that it could hopefully be a few days...or not. Details to be posted on their site and emails sent out soon.

Let's see what happens.
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:13 pm

New from Easy Action.

Won't be long now

Stop Press

Stooges You Want My Action shipping date

We are relieved and happy to eventually give you the information that the stooges You want my action deluxe set will start to ship end of next week. Its taken bloody ages to complete but here we have it .

We also want to thank all of you for your incrediuble patience and understanding and support as we went through hell trying to put this together with Companies going bust on us , proofs being rejected not once but twice as they simply werent good enough, each time knowing that us rejecting it would cost us another week . what were we going to do say yeah that'll do we're under lots of pressure to deliver just shlock it out ...like fuck !! I am happy to say that we have infuriated you beyond reasonability because we wanted to get it right , we could have shipped something five weeks ago but it wouldnt have been as good as what you will get next week . Again your support through all of this has been fuckin impressive , in the past we have dealt with other fan bases that would have been moaning and griping and taking our name through the mud by now . so a huge thank you to the stooges fans for being real !! And we want to hear from you all when you get this ok ?
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:51 pm

dtklamf wrote:
New from Easy Action.

Won't be long now

Stop Press

Stooges You Want My Action shipping date

We are relieved and happy to eventually give you the information that the stooges You want my action deluxe set will start to ship end of next week. Its taken bloody ages to complete but here we have it .

We also want to thank all of you for your incrediuble patience and understanding and support as we went through hell trying to put this together with Companies going bust on us , proofs being rejected not once but twice as they simply werent good enough, each time knowing that us rejecting it would cost us another week . what were we going to do say yeah that'll do we're under lots of pressure to deliver just shlock it out ...like fuck !! I am happy to say that we have infuriated you beyond reasonability because we wanted to get it right , we could have shipped something five weeks ago but it wouldnt have been as good as what you will get next week . Again your support through all of this has been fuckin impressive , in the past we have dealt with other fan bases that would have been moaning and griping and taking our name through the mud by now . so a huge thank you to the stooges fans for being real !! And we want to hear from you all when you get this ok ?

You forget the last sentence:

" We are already plotting the next one Smile "
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm

i got the same email

so does this mean we'll be getting it not next monday, but the monday after that?

well least we're gettin closer, and as i said all along, and as carlton said, iwould rather them do it well and take time than just throw it out to meet the date
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:02 pm

Aha!
That's good news!
Sounds like it's going to be impressive.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
studioguy

Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:24 pm

I got my email as well. Hopefully this ship date is for real this time.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:06 am

Did everyone get an email ? Did they send them to everyone ? do you have to subscribe ?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Did everyone get an email ? Did they send them to everyone ? do you have to subscribe ?

I think it was people who hadn't received an email back from them, i sent them one a week ago when their servers or whatever were down, so ithink its those people
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 pm

The news is on the splash page:

We are relieved and happy to eventually give you the information that the Stooges *You Want My Action * deluxe set will start to ship end of next week (week starting 24th August 2009). Its taken bloody ages to complete but here we have it .
We also want to thank all of you for your incredible patience and understanding and support as we went through hell trying to put this together with Companies going bust on us, proofs being rejected not once but twice as they simply werent good enough. Each time knowing that us rejecting it would cost us another week . what were we going to do ? say yeah that'll do, we're under lots of pressure to deliver, just shlock it out ...like fuck !!
I am happy to say that we have infuriated you beyond reasonability because we wanted to get it right , we could have shipped something five weeks ago but it wouldnt have been as good as what you will get next week.
Again your support through all of this has been fuckin impressive.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

...the secret is revealed... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Carlton says it's supposed to ship Thursday...

cb
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:09 pm

thanks for the update, Cathy, can't wait!

HJW
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Out of interest, is there any record of who the main songwriter (i.e. musical composition, not lyrics) was on these songs, with both Ron and James on guitar?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Rob Gallucci wrote:
Out of interest, is there any record of who the main songwriter (i.e. musical composition, not lyrics) was on these songs, with both Ron and James on guitar?

good question, EA stated somewhere that even the band cant remember these songs, and the starfighter CD that came out - Live 1971 & Early Live Rarities - had them all as pop/williamson songs, and ron's jam and i think whats you gonna do as Ron songs, to the best of my recollection

i'd like to know that too
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:49 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Rob Gallucci wrote:

good question, EA stated somewhere that even the band cant remember these songs, and the starfighter CD that came out - Live 1971 & Early Live Rarities - had them all as pop/williamson songs, and ron's jam and i think whats you gonna do as Ron songs, to the best of my recollection

i'd like to know that too

I've just looked at credits on my copy of Starfighter bootleg. 'I Got A Right' is listed as Pop/Williamson and the rest is credited to Pop/Williamson/Asheton, which might mean Ron Asheton or just Asheton brothers. Cincinatti and 1968 stuff is shown as Pop/Asheton. That's why I think 'Asheton' here should be Ron and Scott ( weird description but true lol ).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:13 pm

yeh thats right JW82, thanks for clearing that up, i think i even remember something written somewhere as pop/williamson/asheton/asheton, although that might be heavy liquid or something from 73/74
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:49 pm

My best recollections are in the 70-71 timeframe, all the guys were still contributing with the songwriting. The situation was like this. The songs and lyrics changed very quickly, sometimes from week to week. A part of one song would become the beginning of another song. It would be played that way a few times and then it changed again. This was a very creative time for the band.

I am so looking forward to hearing these songs again.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

There was a big progression in playing ability and songwriting in the year between "The Stooges" and "Fun House" - it is going to be fascinating to hear this set of songs which is kind of a missing link between those 2 albums and the fundamentally different songwriting style on "Raw Power." Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Number of posts : 2608
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Rob Gallucci wrote:
There was a big progression in playing ability and songwriting in the year between "The Stooges" and "Fun House"!

that's the received wisdom ... yes I suppose it's self-evident ... and of course the band said it themselves too. But the overall impact was somewhat lessened for me...and from Fun House to Raw Power it definitely decreased. Still, I don't mean to take anything away from ANY stage of the band in saying this. Just my preferences Smile
I'm not sure why I didn't feel the need to get this boxset..and I'm sure I'll regret it hugely when it comes through and everyone starts talking about it!
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Nadja; There's no doubt you'll be able to listen to it. One way or another.
And I'm so on what you say about things going a bit south from funhouse to raw power. Stooges and funhouse sounds more or less definitive for me, raw power do go far but not all the way.
Back to top Go down
mc

Number of posts : 1765
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 am

Only a couple of days to go now!!

Flies big juicy flies, and spiders...
Back to top Go down
lolakelly

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:40 am

[quote="

Flies big juicy flies, and spiders...[/quote]

Settle down, Renfield!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   

Back to top Go down

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next