The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:15 am

I'm Planning To write a book about The Stooges from 67-74
and their reunion after 28 years after the break-up and to the tragic death of Ron

heres a cover i made

So i am wondering if maybe people from the site who knows the stooges maybe help me out and etc;

thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:21 am

id be willing to help any possible way i can!!!!!!!!!

i think this is a brilliant idea, and wish ya the most of luck!
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:22 am

sway wrote:
id be willing to help any possible way i can!!!!!!!!!

i think this is a brilliant idea, and wish ya the most of luck!

Thanks Sway Smile
Back to top Go down
mc

Number of posts : 1765
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:33 am

What language you gonna do it in?
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:36 am

mc wrote:
What language you gonna do it in?
english ^.^
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:14 am

Man, you sure picked some awesome pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
emanon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:27 am

Loose1969 wrote:

Yeah, no foolin'--if the book is 1/2 as good as the cover, it will be a bargain at twice the price!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Number of posts : 2608
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 am

Loose1969 wrote:

WONDERFUL pictures! you couldn't get a better start than that! I think you've got a knack for picking out great shots! Very Happy
what kind of overall approach will you take?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:27 pm

great cover and good luck with the book StoogesForever69

of course we'll help in any way
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:39 pm

thanks Smile

i just more need info about

The Early Life Of Iggy, Ron, Scott, Dave and Maybe James

Then About Iggys First band and how Dave and Ron Met

Ron, Dave and Scott meet Iggy

The Psychedlie Stooges, Danny Fields brings them to Elektra along with the Mc5

The Debut, Fun House, The New Line Up and The Break Up, Iggy meets Bowie and James and the Raw Power Era, Metting With Danny Surgeron and Possibly (as I Herd)

The Break Up and The Death Murder Of A Virign and Then To Now
To The Tragic Of Ron and The Beginning Of The Reunion of Iggy & The Stooges

so if anyone can tell me more stuff from like 67-74, That'd Be Awsome Smile

Last edited by StoogesForever69 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Nadja wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:

WONDERFUL pictures! you couldn't get a better start than that! I think you've got a knack for picking out great shots! Very Happy
what kind of overall approach will you take?

Thanks Smile

Im Telling like the whole story about The Stooges and Stuff that people didn't know about the band. ^^
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:31 am

i'm starting to write down the 1st chapter of the book,
does anyone have info of The Iquanas and Dave & Rons first band?

thanks ^^

you can also PM me ^^
Back to top Go down
sway

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 pm

i think yr best bet as far as iguanas info will be looking up the band on myspace. if im not mistaken, i believe its actually ran by one of the guys from the band (its been a while since ive checked it out)...and there are some cool pics there as well. just send them a random friend request/message asking whatever it is you want to know. also, check/read any blogs they have up. shit, AT THAT go ahead and start a myspace page dedicated to the actual book....people talk a lot of shit about the space, but it is indeed a GREAT place to advertise yrself/whatever you are doing for free.

it would be cool to gain credibility from actually being able to converse (if only by internet/maybe phone) with the good folks that were actually there/knew the stooges/etc. be sure to tell them that credit is given where credit is due...and if there ends up being no real money to be made, maybe just having their names mentioned in a new stooges book alone will mean something to them.

youd be suprised who ya can converse with online.

also, if it was me...i would focus really strongly, REALLY STRONGLY, on the influence the stooges have had on the world of rock n roll. maybe as a final chapter? maybe suttle/reoccuring hints through out the book? i dont know...yr the writer, write what sounds good to you and have no regrets. just, dont shy away from putting yr personal touches of raw emotion behind it (after all, its a book about the most badass rock band of all time).

if you trust me, id be more than happy to read/make suggestions on anything youve written so far/will write in the future.

again man, its yrs...TAKE IT! make it what you think it should be. tell the story the way you feel it should be told, in the way you want people to read it.

stay free,

-s.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Number of posts : 2608
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Dave and Ron's, and Scott's first band was The Dirty Shames', just an unofficial band they had at home, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:23 pm

sway wrote:
i think yr best bet as far as iguanas info will be looking up the band on myspace. if im not mistaken, i believe its actually ran by one of the guys from the band (its been a while since ive checked it out)...and there are some cool pics there as well. just send them a random friend request/message asking whatever it is you want to know. also, check/read any blogs they have up. shit, AT THAT go ahead and start a myspace page dedicated to the actual book....people talk a lot of shit about the space, but it is indeed a GREAT place to advertise yrself/whatever you are doing for free.

it would be cool to gain credibility from actually being able to converse (if only by internet/maybe phone) with the good folks that were actually there/knew the stooges/etc. be sure to tell them that credit is given where credit is due...and if there ends up being no real money to be made, maybe just having their names mentioned in a new stooges book alone will mean something to them.

youd be suprised who ya can converse with online.

also, if it was me...i would focus really strongly, REALLY STRONGLY, on the influence the stooges have had on the world of rock n roll. maybe as a final chapter? maybe suttle/reoccuring hints through out the book? i dont know...yr the writer, write what sounds good to you and have no regrets. just, dont shy away from putting yr personal touches of raw emotion behind it (after all, its a book about the most badass rock band of all time).

if you trust me, id be more than happy to read/make suggestions on anything youve written so far/will write in the future.

again man, its yrs...TAKE IT! make it what you think it should be. tell the story the way you feel it should be told, in the way you want people to read it.

stay free,

-s.

I will Very Happy

yea i was thinking of how like in the end of the book how the stooges influneced many bands and influnencs the genre of Heavy Metal and Punk
etc;
Back to top Go down
sway

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:20 pm

"artsy folk" give far too much credit to the velvet underground (who DO deserve a lot of credit)...often citing them as single handedly "creating" punk. i think they influenced a world of artists (mainstream and underground) and im sure they may have had some influence on punk (even though i mainly only hear it in "post punk")....

but...

as far as my ears can tell...the stooges more are less single-handedly responsible for punk rock. that just me.

and yeah...i know ya can track down "the stooges influences", but i for one think the stooges tore their influences a new asshole.

id listen to the stooges over the doors/stones/beatles/harry partch any day of the week (and i LIKE all the aforementioned bands....except for the beatles).

love,

-s.

and oh yeah....for real FUCK the rock n roll hall of fame. until the stooges are inducted, ill have NOTHING but negative to say about that shit.
Back to top Go down
sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:21 pm

That is an awesome cover. I'd buy it for that alone!

Seriously, good luck.
I really can't offer any new info.
All my info has come from books, here or other internet sources/publications.

I'm sure there's a wealth of unheard tales out there...somewhere.
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 pm

UPDATE: I'm redoing the Book...
It'll Be about The Stooges from 1971-1974 during that era.

And also i've e-mailed James Williamson on facebook about and he's planning to help me out with it
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 pm

I Ment to say i e-mailed James about it and he answered me back and he actually misunderstud me Laughing but i messaged him back telling him if he's intrested in helping out
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:00 am

You just covered my main suggestion - getting James' take on things if not his actual involvement. Very good. This could be the coup that helps elevate your efforts to at least equal what's already out/known as he's never gotten his complete say on most issues but instead caught plenty of flak and should get a full airing from his pov. His story really has yet to be told, from all aspects of The Stooges and then the 'lost years' of pulling himself out of the 70s gutter, putting himself thru college, getting into computers/Sony and becoming a top CEO, his subsequent re-interest in music and then the reunion years that included him getting his Les Paul back in shape and the eventual call from Iggy, plus his move to Hawaii and his new love of it's great music which lead to him taking up the Hawaiian steel guitar and then back full circle to touring again, and of course becoming a member of the R&RHoF. I really find his life's road to be astonishing, and I'll bet welcomes the opportunity to lay it out.

There's still lot's to focus on that has yet to be fully explored. Good luck on the project, and I'd reconsider including the 60s era of the band, also sorely passed over.
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:02 am

Also, I Spoke with Kip Brown as well and he's got some stories as well about the band.
Back to top Go down
Nervousnorvus

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Before you even start out, there's no need for the title to read "written by" Ethan James.
Just your name will suffice, look at every other book ever printed. The reader will naturally assume that the name under the title is the author's.
I suggest you do your own ground work and get out and start interviewing everyone involved before they die. The basic facts are well documented in other books (start w/Paul Trynka's Open Up and Bleed, McCain & McNeil's Please Kill me and Iggy Pop's I Need More for general background). If you're going to do it, do it right, we don't need more half assed books taken totally from second hand sources (for example Joe Ambrose's ridiculous bio of Iggy which was sued out of print and had to be redone for the second printing after he plagiarized over 60 pages of Please Kill Me).
Back to top Go down
http://thehoundblog.blogspot.com/
StoogesForever69

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Nervousnorvus wrote:
Before you even start out, there's no need for the title to read "written by" Ethan James.
Just your name will suffice, look at every other book ever printed. The reader will naturally assume that the name under the title is the author's.
I suggest you do your own ground work and get out and start interviewing everyone involved before they die. The basic facts are well documented in other books (start w/Paul Trynka's Open Up and Bleed, McCain & McNeil's Please Kill me and Iggy Pop's I Need More for general background). If you're going to do it, do it right, we don't need more half assed books taken totally from second hand sources (for example Joe Ambrose's ridiculous bio of Iggy which was sued out of print and had to be redone for the second printing after he plagiarized over 60 pages of Please Kill Me).

Ok I Got You on That thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)   

Back to top Go down

The Stooges: By Ethan James (Me)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1