Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dumdumboy



Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:31 pm

i am loving jimmy recca's bass playing on the new box set . it reminds me of ron on the bass for the raw power era. maybe he showed him a few things or vice a versa. i know ron played bass with the chosen few i think (pre stooges ). anyway i just am loving dead body who do you love track 4 on most cds in the new set ohh that twin lead attack
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 pm

dumdumboy wrote:
i am loving jimmy recca's bass playing on the new box set . it reminds me of ron on the bass for the raw power era. maybe he showed him a few things or vice a versa. i know ron played bass with the chosen few i think (pre stooges ). anyway i just am loving dead body who do you love track 4 on most cds in the new set ohh that twin lead attack

I'm glad somebody is getting to enjoy it. I really hope I get to tomorrow. I bet that I'm going to be the very last person on this forum to receive this thing.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

avatar

Number of posts : 2608
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:47 pm

ElRoi wrote:
[]

. I bet that I'm going to be the very last person on this forum to receive this thing.

Well, apart from those who haven't even ordered it yet, like me.
Back to top Go down
dumdumboy



Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:53 pm

if your a fan and on this forum how can you not order it ? its ferocious
Back to top Go down
Garageman

avatar

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:26 pm

I agree, Jimmy Recca's bass playing is fantastic, now that I finally get to hear it. It reminds me of Ron too. That was a killer line up.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

avatar

Number of posts : 841
Location : Saint Paul, MN
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Garageman wrote:
I agree, Jimmy Recca's bass playing is fantastic, now that I finally get to hear it. It reminds me of Ron too. That was a killer line up.

I agree totally.

I wonder if they were ever able to track him down for this release?
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
trailerborn

avatar

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Yeah, Recca does a great job here. Even better than ... I won't even say it.

Recca seems to have gone AWOL. His son is on YouTube somewhere and claims not to have seen/heard from his dad in years.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

avatar

Number of posts : 2608
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 pm

trailerborn wrote:
Yeah, Recca does a great job here. Even better than ... I won't even say it.

.

you better not say it! Smile
these remarks have certainly pricked my curiosity about Recca though!
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

avatar

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:17 am

Nadja wrote:
trailerborn wrote:
Yeah, Recca does a great job here. Even better than ... I won't even say it.

.

you better not say it! Smile
these remarks have certainly pricked my curiosity about Recca though!

Buy it Nadja - you will NOT be disappointed
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:32 am

Nadja wrote:
trailerborn wrote:
Yeah, Recca does a great job here. Even better than ... I won't even say it.

.

you better not say it! Smile
these remarks have certainly pricked my curiosity about Recca though!

You won't be able to complete your comprehensive Stooges anthology without it.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

avatar

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:00 am

dumdumboy wrote:
i am loving jimmy recca's bass playing on the new box set . it reminds me of ron on the bass for the raw power era. maybe he showed him a few things or vice a versa. i know ron played bass with the chosen few i think (pre stooges ). anyway i just am loving dead body who do you love track 4 on most cds in the new set ohh that twin lead attack

It's funny, but I thought exactly the opposite. The only song you can really compare the two on is I Got A Right and Ron's playing on that swings a lot more than Recca. Make no mistake - Recca was a good bass player but I've always been of the opinion that Ron was one of the better bass players in R&R in the 70's.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

avatar

Number of posts : 2608
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:05 pm

larry fine wrote:
[
It's funny, but I thought exactly the opposite. The only song you can really compare the two on is I Got A Right and Ron's playing on that swings a lot more than Recca. Make no mistake - Recca was a good bass player but I've always been of the opinion that Ron was one of the better bass players in R&R in the 70's.

well, I will make up my own mind when I hear it then. But one thing I know for sure is that I won't ever rate any other bassist above Dave Alexander!
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

avatar

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:42 am

larry fine wrote:
dumdumboy wrote:
i am loving jimmy recca's bass playing on the new box set . it reminds me of ron on the bass for the raw power era. maybe he showed him a few things or vice a versa. i know ron played bass with the chosen few i think (pre stooges ). anyway i just am loving dead body who do you love track 4 on most cds in the new set ohh that twin lead attack

It's funny, but I thought exactly the opposite. The only song you can really compare the two on is I Got A Right and Ron's playing on that swings a lot more than Recca. Make no mistake - Recca was a good bass player but I've always been of the opinion that Ron was one of the better bass players in R&R in the 70's.

Jimmy's playing is not as good as Ron's imho, but I know what dumdumboy is getting at - JR had a pretty aggressive, dynamic style, not totally unlike Ron's. He certainly played a great role in that particular line-up, and his playing is caught quite clearly on at least 2 of the discs in the box set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !   

Back to top Go down
 
jimmy recca on the bass is sensational !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 2 stories on Jimmy Recca
» "Gagg-B-Gone" Reed tester Free if you buy a cane bass drone reed
» WTB: Croizer glass fiber reeds and henderson bass drone top
» ASHER WORLD v BASS ODYSSEY v SOUL II SOUL v DOWNBEAT: CANADA. 1994
» AFRICAN STAR VS BASS ODYSSEY 1997

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: