HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Need checksums from accurate rip of Fun House box set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KootchieKoo

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Need checksums from accurate rip of Fun House box set   Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:36 pm

I've started ripping the 7 CD's in the Fun House box set to uncompressed WAV files, am getting different checksums from 2 ripping apps (DBpoweramp and Exact Audio Copy) for some of the tracks. This CD set is not in the AccurateRip database so DBpoweramp has no previous rips to compare to mine.

Does anyone have checksums from an accurate rip of all the bazillion tracks of all 7 CD's in the Fun House box set? Thanks
Back to top Go down
mc

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Need checksums from accurate rip of Fun House box set   Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:05 am

don't know about checksums but I use CDex which is rated very highly as a ripper.
Back to top Go down
KootchieKoo

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Need checksums from accurate rip of Fun House box set   Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:05 am

Recall there is very little error correction on a music CD. Some of the more advanced ripping programs try several times to rip a track, comparing the results from each rip and not proceeding until multiple extractions of the same track yield the same result/checksum. The goal is a bit-for-bit copy of the original. Maybe I'm being too much of a purist, but while I still have one of these in my hands I'd like to copy it perfectly...
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Need checksums from accurate rip of Fun House box set   Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:13 pm

have you tried using exact audio copy? the best ripper around, bar none. all you will have to do is find the list (through google) of drive off-sets and fix your settings accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need checksums from accurate rip of Fun House box set   

Back to top Go down

Need checksums from accurate rip of Fun House box set
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1