Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Message To Easy Action - Please Read

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Did You Receive Your "Action" Set with Tears at the Staples?
Yes
28%
 28% [ 11 ]
No
72%
 72% [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
MJG196

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Now, I want to make clear that this thread is not for "bashing" or slandering EA. I created this thread to address a critical flaw in the You Want My Action packaging.

Many, many of the members here spent a good deal of our hard-earned dinero for this set. What we received, in terms of the music, is fantastic, grade-A, top notch Stooges history and we love it. That said, the packaging is seriously flawed. The binding is incredibly weak; relying on paper and staples, and not secured in any way to the actual "book."

Most, if not all, of the recipients of this set found damaged/torn bindings immediately after ripping off the plastic.

Is there anything EA is thinking of doing in terms of compensation for those who bought directly from EA?

Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Personally I would have liked the 1971 Box to really have been a box in the words full meaning. Full of a booklet and 4 different papersleeves containing the discs, just like the Heavy Liquid box.

That was/is just perfect and the best and coolest presentation form of all EA Iggy releases so far, in my opinion.

This leaves room for an easier way of accessing the discs without damaging or wearing out anything plus I think that each disc having their own sleeve which you can cold and turn around freely, is also way nicer. As opposed to the binded sleeves (that are more like book pages) in the 71 box....
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:31 pm

i said i would post a photo of the condition of mine

the staples are fine but there is a tear on the back, as if it was glued together and ripped apart

dunno if im going to complain to them, it took long enough to get here i dont want to ship it away for a replacement lol

its not too bad i guess, its a great product, and i said in another thread, i'd've paid 30 to have a crappy mp3 of dead body disc 2
Back to top Go down
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:54 pm

I got mine in perfect condition, no tears or problems
Back to top Go down
larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Mine arrived in great shape. I'm sorry for the troubles some of you are having with this. I'm pretty sure E.A. will handle these problems. They seem like pretty straight up guys.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:07 pm

mg196 wrote:
Most, if not all, of the recipients of this set found damaged/torn bindings immediately after ripping off the plastic.

Well, not everyone has had issues...i suppose I was passing a judgment based on conversations here and offline. Too small a survey sample I guess.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Nah. Mine has the exact same tears as yours.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:04 am

My last message to Edie at EA was to please make sure they package my replacement more securely than what they have been doing. After all my extended waiting if it got here and was screwed up in any way up I will be really, really pissed off.

So, if Edie or anyone else at EA is reading this, PLEASE do a better job of packaging my replacement.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:48 am

Mine arrived in tip top shape. Everything is perfect from the spine to the joy of hearing these songs again!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 am

Mine has a tear at the last page between it and the cover as if it had been glued, the staples strike me as a bit lazy and my box is permanently slanted to an angle so I had to wedge it between a bunch of other CDs to make it flat. Though the music and photos are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:51 am

Quote :

Mine has a tear at the last page between it and the cover as if it had been glued, the staples strike me as a bit lazy and my box is permanently slanted to an angle so I had to wedge it between a bunch of other CDs to make it flat. Though the music and photos are fantastic

exact same situation

i'm just glad we have it, i wouldnt recommend EA to continue with this form of packaging unless they are going to improve it - stick with the pizza box, works great
Back to top Go down
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:15 am

Who Gives A Fuck.

This is rock n roll not stamp collecting.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:32 am

dan b wrote:
Who Gives A Fuck.

This is rock n roll not stamp collecting.

I care because I dropped $60 on it. Let ME be the one to trash it.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:56 am

Yep, mine was perfect as well.
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Mine arrived in perfect condition but I know I'm lucky cause the package it's very weak,and the postman left it just hangin from my mail box,half inside half out!!. damn it.I would like it as the heavy liquid, in a box with each cd in papersleve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message To Easy Action - Please Read   

Back to top Go down

Message To Easy Action - Please Read
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1