Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Iguanas wrote:
There are 3 different recordings:

Michigan Palace 06/10/73 - recorded on cassette - Sky Dog, Jungle, Bomb - complete show
Michigan Palace 09/02/74 - recorded on cassette - unreleased - include "Wet my Bed"
Michigan Palace 09/02/74 - recorded with 2 shure audio mics. (master - 15ips. tape) - Sky Dog, Jungle (Ron Asheton's copy - 3 3/4 ips.tape)

Next week starts out my column for the Croatian on-line magazine where I write about music from Detroit. The first article is about the last concert in Michigan (1974) and about the return of James Williamson (includes my short interviews with Michael Tipton and Derek See + private photos by John Catto - 1974).
I can send the link as went out, but article will be in Croatian language.

So, this is the version that is Disc 2 of the 1998 Jungle/Sky Dog release, correct?
Michigan Palace 09/02/74 - recorded with 2 shure audio mics. (master - 15ips. tape) - Sky Dog, Jungle (Ron Asheton's copy - 3 3/4 ips.tape)


Great to here about the magazine and article. Post the link, we can run it through a online browser based translator.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

avatar

Number of posts : 339
Age : 51
Location : Zagreb, Croatia
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:46 am

ElRoi wrote:

Great to here about the magazine and article. Post the link, we can run it through a online browser based translator.

One part for you Smile

Michael Tipton about alternative recordings of the Michigan Palace 09.02.1974 concert:
"i have a almost complete cassette of the last night with most of wet my bed on it and photos from all 3 nights, and more. "
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:51 am

Iguanas wrote:
ElRoi wrote:

Great to here about the magazine and article. Post the link, we can run it through a online browser based translator.

One part for you Smile

Michael Tipton about alternative recordings of the Michigan Palace 09.02.1974 concert:
"i have a almost complete cassette of the last night with most of wet my bed on it and photos from all 3 nights, and more. "

Awesome, I can't wait to read the entire interview.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan



Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Iguanas wrote:
There are 3 different recordings:

Michigan Palace 06/10/73 - recorded on cassette - Sky Dog, Jungle, Bomb - complete show
Michigan Palace 09/02/74 - recorded on cassette - unreleased - include "Wet my Bed"
Michigan Palace 09/02/74 - recorded with 2 shure audio mics. (master - 15ips. tape) - Sky Dog, Jungle (Ron Asheton's copy - 3 3/4 ips.tape)


Iguanas,

I don't see how this is correct.

I don't doubt that a cassette exists with a more complete recording of the February '74 show, but what has been released on Skydog / Jungle has been taken from a soundboard tape, and was not a microphone recording. This has now been confirmed by Natalie, who has also stated that Michael Tipton recorded the October '73 show with 2 microphones.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

avatar

Number of posts : 339
Age : 51
Location : Zagreb, Croatia
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

StoogesFan wrote:


Iguanas,

I don't see how this is correct.

I don't doubt that a cassette exists with a more complete recording of the February '74 show, but what has been released on Skydog / Jungle has been taken from a soundboard tape, and was not a microphone recording. This has now been confirmed by Natalie, who has also stated that Michael Tipton recorded the October '73 show with 2 microphones.

I know I misspelled. I didn't write a correction, because there was no interest in this topic.

Michael wrote to me: "The first michigan palace show i recorded on cassette." I thought that he talks about the concert which was 06/10/1973. But then he wrote: "the skydog is made up of the 2nd night show and the very last show.these 2 hows were on reel to reel recorded at 15ips. .... i have photos from all 3 nights..."
If I understood well, "the first michigan palace show" is 05/10/73 show.

If so, then the list is:
Michigan Palace 05/10/73 - recorded on cassette - unreleased
Michigan Palace 06/10/73 - recorded with 2 shure audio mics. (master - 15ips. tape) - Sky Dog, Jungle
Michigan Palace 09/02/74 - recorded on cassette - unreleased - include "Wet my Bed"
Michigan Palace 09/02/74 - recorded with 2 shure audio mics. (master - 15ips. tape) - Sky Dog, Jungle (Ron Asheton's copy - 3 3/4 ips.tape)


Goran
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
avatar

Number of posts : 669
Location : Stoogeland
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:36 am

When I made that post about Michael recording the MKO shows, I was referring to the shows in '74, not the shows in '73.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan



Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:32 am

Natalie wrote:
When I made that post about Michael recording the MKO shows, I was referring to the shows in '74, not the shows in '73.

Natalie,

this is confusing. Only one show on Metallic KO is from '74, the other is from October '73. I originally thought the '73 show was recorded by Marc Zermati (see a previous post in this thread) but you said it was recorded by Michael. Can you confirm the story? What other '74 show did Michael record?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
avatar

Number of posts : 669
Location : Stoogeland
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:22 pm

The last time I saw the Stooges perform was January in NY at a place called Your Father's Mustache. This is listed on the gig list as Your Father's Place. I was not in Michigan for the last gigs. The last time Michael and I were together at a Stooge gig was also earlier in January in Ohio. Those shows are written about in "Open Up and Bleed".

When I talk with Michael next, I will ask him to post about the MKO tapes himself. That will stop any additional confusion.
Back to top Go down
CARLTON



Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:32 pm

allo , ahh the metallic ko story . yes we were going to include a correct speed cleaned up version of just the feb 74 songs as the last disc in heavy liquid . my thoughts being it would be great to see that ron and scott at least but all of them get paid a royalty for these recordings . when Mr Z heard about this he threatened to sue us ! ! i was staggered by his audacity , he had made a fuckin fortune without playing fair or legally upfront with the ashetons or scott thurston and more importantly not given Michael Tipton a fuckin penny !!! so i told him to fuck off . i was advised later that it might be wise to leave it as Z would only go running off to iggy and have a tantrum which may have endangered our on going relationship . i still dont know who got any money from this album . However we are talking to Mr Tipton at length . I firmly intend to re address the balance . hopefully you all will benfit from my potential future action . it wont be bloody easy either . over & Out
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 am

CARLTON wrote:
allo , ahh the metallic ko story . yes we were going to include a correct speed cleaned up version of just the feb 74 songs as the last disc in heavy liquid . my thoughts being it would be great to see that ron and scott at least but all of them get paid a royalty for these recordings . when Mr Z heard about this he threatened to sue us ! ! i was staggered by his audacity , he had made a fuckin fortune without playing fair or legally upfront with the ashetons or scott thurston and more importantly not given Michael Tipton a fuckin penny !!! so i told him to fuck off . i was advised later that it might be wise to leave it as Z would only go running off to iggy and have a tantrum which may have endangered our on going relationship . i still dont know who got any money from this album . However we are talking to Mr Tipton at length . I firmly intend to re address the balance . hopefully you all will benfit from my potential future action . it wont be bloody easy either . over & Out

Damn, Carlton we were that close to actually getting a really good version at long last and some selfish, greedy asshole screwed it up! Doesn't Michael ultimately own the original tapes and if so, can't you and he and the band work out something? If "Mr. Z" goes crying to Iggy tell him that his fans are begging for this to happen and he should tell Mr. Z to go fuck himself. Crap I have bought two different versions of Metallic KO and from what I understand from the forum here, neither one of them is exactly correct.

PLEASE IGGY, IT'S FOR THE KIDS!!!
Back to top Go down
stooges

avatar

Number of posts : 628
Age : 23
Location : CZ
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 pm

who sings backing vocals on metallic KO open up and bleed and heavy liquid .. thanx
Back to top Go down
adams66



Number of posts : 910
Age : 50
Location : Essex, UK
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Backing vocals - either Scott Thurston or Ron.
Back to top Go down
stooges

avatar

Number of posts : 628
Age : 23
Location : CZ
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm

thanx
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
avatar

Number of posts : 2310
Age : 24
Location : Scotland
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 pm

I reackon it's both of them but the loudest is Ron. If you listen to his only released solo song, "Dead End Street" the singing style is very similar.
Back to top Go down
stooges

avatar

Number of posts : 628
Age : 23
Location : CZ
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 pm

hi, I should question whether the song i got nothing from the cover or the original Stooges thanks
Back to top Go down
jdb1982



Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu May 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Just been reading through the forum and I didn't know Metallica KO had pitch problems. I have the 2 cd and the lp, I'm going to hold off on getting the single cd issue because the second I do word will come out about a better version.
Back to top Go down
Triskell



Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu May 27, 2010 11:37 pm

You need Metallic KO and you need it now. Hopefully, there will be box sets with remasters and outtakes later, but that will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
jdb1982



Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu May 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Triskell wrote:
You need Metallic KO and you need it now. Hopefully, there will be box sets with remasters and outtakes later, but that will have to wait.

Yeah I checked around and the price isn't bad for the single cd reissue. I only listened to the 2 cd a few times because I had the lp. Can't believe I didn notice the pitch error Embarassed
Back to top Go down
freemind

avatar

Number of posts : 137
Age : 29
Location : France
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Fri May 28, 2010 11:02 am

I m looking for it on the web for THE good version like seventeen had explained in his very helpfull topic.. Metallic KO aka the best live of the univers.

Edit : I finally found Marc Zermati's mix (second version)! I'm going to upload it. If someone is interest send me a PM
Back to top Go down
jdb1982



Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Sat May 29, 2010 1:23 am

I caved last night and bought a used copy of the newest single disc version. 3rd copy of Metallic KO (lp, 2cd, and now single corrected cd). 4 more versions can come out before I say enough Laughing

Can't wait to here it at the right pitch....though I didn't know until the other day mine are wrong.
Back to top Go down
jaredlange911



Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm

If anyone has a dowload of the correct pitch/speed corrected version I would much appreciate a copy. I've been looking for it online forever. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
stooge

avatar

Number of posts : 15
Age : 48
Location : Rutherfordton, NC
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:31 am

I'm listening to the Jungle Records 2009 release, and it sounds pretty good to me. I don't hear any speed issues, but I may not have the best ear for that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
adamsmith13



Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Can somebody please tell me what the actual set list of the 1974.february (last) show was?

Wikipedia says it was

Heavy Liquid
I Got Shit
Rich Bitch
Gimme Danger
Cock in My Pocket
Louie Louie

E.g. What about open up and bleed? It's written everywhere that it was the last song from the 73' show, but on it's end Iggy announces 'I Got Shit'.
And I don't think It begun with heavy liquid but who knows.
And what about wet my bed, wich is always mentioned but included on none of the copies?
Ahh.
It would be just great to listen to the entire show at once. Iggy's behavior and the bait is fuckin influental to me. And as a concert-going guy, I hate when a live CD don't contain songs that were played at the concert.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

avatar

Number of posts : 339
Age : 51
Location : Zagreb, Croatia
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 am

adamsmith13 wrote:
Can somebody please tell me what the actual set list of the 1974.february (last) show was?


last night show;9/2/74
Wet my Bed
rich bitch
i got nothin'
heavy liquid
cock in my pocket
louie,louie
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Stranger09



Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:56 pm

It's been said before, but with all the publicity Iggy and the Stooges are getting, it's about time these gigs were put out in as good sound as possible, as complete as possible.

I've been reminded again, doing some clean-ups on Audacity, how it's possible in pursing 'tweaks' (ie raise bass here, reduce hiss there) how much care is required (and I appreciate studios / record companies will use much more complex software, or at least I hope so! Smile) as sometimes you find the first tweaks were enough and later tweaks have done more to muddy the sound than bring any benefit (I mention that was I wondering just now if the sound was muddy on one of the recent releases for that sort of reason).

Anyway here's hoping a release comes from the mastertapes sometime soon....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   

Back to top Go down
 
Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» DecembeRadio.
» re up needed for METROMEDIA V SUPERDEE 88
» Weckl/Oliver - Mega project
» Band info needed: "Torque"
» Prayers needed!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: