Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 raw power 2 disc special edition in april?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chemmy



Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:30 am

in the metro article someone posted earlier iggy mentions that columbia are going to re-release the original mix of 'raw power' remastered with a second live disc... that's made my day. any other confirmation of this?
Back to top Go down
Aku



Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:00 am

Yeah...Scott Ashton talked about this in an interview.
You can read the whole interview here
http://www.iggypop.org/scottasheton.html

but this is what he said about the Atlanta show:

M: You don’t have any vintage rehearsal tapes lying around or anything?

Scott Ashton: No, we never taped rehearsals. But things do pop up. Just last week, this guy sent us a copy of a live show in Atlanta from the Raw Power period. Turns out it sounds pretty good. He had it digitally re-mastered and put Pro Tools to it and I think we’re going to buy and release it. It’s rockin’, it’s got Iggy reading some poetry—well, not reading, actually, but just making it up as he goes along, improvising poetry. [starts laughing] Aw man, you’ve got to hear it. I don’t want to give it away, but you have to hear it. You’ll be rolling on the floor—it’s pretty far-out stuff. So yeah, that’ll probably be out soon. [/i]
Back to top Go down
rabid_fish

avatar

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:08 am

ooooh yeeeeeaaaahh!!!!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

avatar

Number of posts : 720
Location : Burke, VA
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:09 am

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:23 am

How ironic that what might turn out to be one of the best Stooges bootlegs was recorded here in Hotlanta. I say ironic because I doubt there are more than a few hundred people in the entire backasswards state that even know who the fuck the Stooges or Iggy Pop are. And of those few hundred half of them are probably ignorant, redneck, morons who think they were some kind of "faggot" noise band. Funny how things work out. I will most definitely be buy this one.
Back to top Go down
freemind

avatar

Number of posts : 137
Age : 29
Location : France
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 am

YES ! Twisted Evil

But april seems so far away..
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

avatar

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:11 am

maybe an april release to coincide with the atp raw power shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
coffeepotman



Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Can't wait! Atlanta and a proper remastering of RP
Back to top Go down
emanon



Number of posts : 27
Location : The D
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 pm

ElRoi wrote:
How ironic that what might turn out to be one of the best Stooges bootlegs was recorded here in Hotlanta. I say ironic because I doubt there are more than a few hundred people in the entire backasswards state that even know who the fuck the Stooges or Iggy Pop are. And of those few hundred half of them are probably ignorant, redneck, morons who think they were some kind of "faggot" noise band. Funny how things work out. I will most definitely be buy this one.

I suspect there's more than a few Stooges fans in Athens...maybe it was a hostile audience that brought out the best in them, who knows...I will buy this the day it comes out for sure...can't wait!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:27 pm

emanon wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
How ironic that what might turn out to be one of the best Stooges bootlegs was recorded here in Hotlanta. I say ironic because I doubt there are more than a few hundred people in the entire backasswards state that even know who the fuck the Stooges or Iggy Pop are. And of those few hundred half of them are probably ignorant, redneck, morons who think they were some kind of "faggot" noise band. Funny how things work out. I will most definitely be buy this one.

I suspect there's more than a few Stooges fans in Athens...maybe it was a hostile audience that brought out the best in them, who knows...I will buy this the day it comes out for sure...can't wait!

Athens is where I usually hang out and I can honestly say that I have never heard the Stooges being played in any bar that I frequent. I think people just have this idea of what the Stooges were and are based on Iggy's association with Bowie. They have seen Velvet Goldmine and think that is reality. The homophobia/bisexualphobia thing runs deep in the psyche of southerners, whether the rumors or true or not. Unless you live here you really can't grasp how close mind people are in the south. Even people you would think are enlighten are often not really that enlightened. I'm not saying everyone here is a closed mind hicks, but it's really hard to find people that even know who the Stooges were and are much less listen to them. I personally don't know anyone who listens to the Stooges or Iggy. I mean really listens to them. I have a friend that has a Iggy best of in her music collection that she bought mainly for the song "Lust for Life," but I seriously doubt she has listen to the CD more than once. Maybe I'm wrong. Is there anyone from the south posting on here who could give some insight to this?
Back to top Go down
mindless



Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:15 pm

I played Atlanta a few times in the 80s, y'all are some closed minded folks:) I remember the club we played, Metroplex was right next to a disco. A black girl came to see me and kept getting hassled by the Black jackasses that were jealous she was with a white guy. Later on that night, while the rest of my band was sleeping upstairs, a gunfight broke out in the parking lot & the club owner sprayed the whole lot with a Uzi (firing blanks just to scare em). I could only imagine how ugly it was in '73.

Love to hear that show. Also they might not have recorded rehearsals, but Iggy & James recorded hours of stuff in the studio prior to the rest of the stooges arriving. I have 2 CDs of the tracks
which are really raw & many are just blues jams, but how cool if they could somehow finish those with Scott & Watt!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:05 pm

mindless wrote:
I played Atlanta a few times in the 80s, y'all are some closed minded folks:) I remember the club we played, Metroplex was right next to a disco. A black girl came to see me and kept getting hassled by the Black jackasses that were jealous she was with a white guy. Later on that night, while the rest of my band was sleeping upstairs, a gunfight broke out in the parking lot & the club owner sprayed the whole lot with a Uzi (firing blanks just to scare em). I could only imagine how ugly it was in '73.

Love to hear that show. Also they might not have recorded rehearsals, but Iggy & James recorded hours of stuff in the studio prior to the rest of the stooges arriving. I have 2 CDs of the tracks
which are really raw & many are just blues jams, but how cool if they could somehow finish those with Scott & Watt!

Yeah, it's pretty much a cultural wasteland here. At least in my opinion. I've lived here all my life if you can imagine such a dull existence.
Back to top Go down
mindless



Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:54 am

LOL, We opened for Nazareth the 2nd time there. The next day, we read a story in Creem about Faith No More sleeping in the very room we had stayed in. The writer noted there were rats eating stuff off one of their beards while he slept:) I kept waking up during the night to scrabbling sounds & feeling like something was crawling on me. Guess I was right! But it was cool to hit the 688 club & remember Iggy played there. At least you got Coca Cola's museum, hehe.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

avatar

Number of posts : 546
Age : 28
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 pm

I wonder if they will release some other takes of the songs too.
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

avatar

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:32 pm

Funny if people from around there are homophobic, local boy Michael Stipe is the biggest "Leder Uschi" queen out there Smile
Back to top Go down
james matlock



Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Is it too early to start complaining that the new Raw Power edition hasnt arrived in the mail yet?
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

avatar

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 pm

LOL! good one, are you Glens son?
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

avatar

Number of posts : 528
Location : Atlanta
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
mindless



Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:16 am

Atlanta and Athens are worlds apart. Athens brought us such acts as the B52s and REM, must be something in the water there:)
Back to top Go down
mindless



Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:20 am

Oh yeah, another thing that should be looked into, did the Stooges ever play the Agora in Cleveland? The owner has admitted he secretly taped almost every band that ever played there, by running wires from the soundboard up to the recording studio, where he would mix them. WMMS broadcast many shows from there, but this was still a shocker that he recorded all that. The tapes are in a vault in a library in Cleveland now, while they figure out how to handle this find. Almost every band of note from the 70s played there at one time or another, and there are many famous bootlegs from there.
Back to top Go down
Nervebreaker



Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:11 am

I was at those Atlanta shows monday thru Saturday though I missed Tuesday, I was preparing for a test at Georgia Tech for my Electrical Engineering degree. Very ironic that it's the same degree that James got years later!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: raw power 2 disc special edition in april?   

Back to top Go down
 
raw power 2 disc special edition in april?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Funkadelic & Special Edition Live on River Thames 1989
» Special edition! Takajin's speaking without reservation (??!???????????????)
» GT Hi Power: 1985 (Earl 16, Beenie Man!)
» Special Touch & Studio Express 625 & More...13 June 2009
» Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: