Share | 

IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Diego Menendes

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:52 pm

I really wanted to see the Stooges in 2004 when they played near by our country.Nobody expect that they will reform again.It was kind of obvius that Iggy had to go back to his roots.I would say Avantgarde/garage roots.
If i am honest i think that many albums that he made solo are just bad comparing to what he made in his early era.
I would like to say also there is so many posers in rock roll music, many people who are just posing, pretending that they are crazy. Let say Marilyn Manson and his pretending. He is actually too normal for my taste or Rolling stones who didnt wanna play in China because some virus bullshit. Iggy would play anywhere anytime.Nobody of mainstream people,
except him and Axl rose would get close meeting directly with his audience. It is just very difficult if you climb the fense
and you are faced with 1000 peole at once. Iggy is enjoying this dangerous obviously. And none of the musicians have a bulls to do that. Maybe at some show like Sebastian from Skid row did, but you just can t do that all the time.
John lydon is still provocing people even today, but he would never get close too much to his audience.
Iggy did that in every fucking show from 2003 to these days and probably even before as solo artist.
My point is that he is just not pretending, most of you know that of course, but the big paradox of the whole thing is
that his craziness was pulled out of him by craziness of Asheton brothers. That is very unusual, cause Ron Asheton
was very much hold back berson, comparing him to iggy, you could see that on the stage and i could see that personally
in the backstage, talking to him, he just wasnt type of a guy trying to be in cente of spotlight. He was a person, who liked
playing his instrument in front of people. NOT, trying to be sexy or any kind of a crap.. Scot was quiet all the time so Iggy said to the journalist, why they dont ask him something. So Asheton brothers were more quiet and iggy was the wild one, obviously in the late sixties was quite opposite. Iggy didnt like the fact that Ashetons didnt have any discipline. That they were spoiled. Funny and weird thing is that it was opposite 40 years fom back then.
There was also a amazing story, when journalist told Iggy about musician Johnny Stulic. Stulic was a former frontman of Croatian , now cult group AZRA, and in 1980 he wrote a song called Iggy Pop. When this yournalist, who didnt came like yournalist in backstage, but as a fan like me asked him if he knows him, the answer was negative.
Stulic became like a huge Balcan cult figure, almost like Bregovic but in a very different way, and there we have another paradox, cause Pop and Bregovic worked togethe, and that was big rumour That Bregovic stole a lot from Stulic.
Stulic said in early eighties:,, When a going to be fifty an something a will dress the fancy white dress and play the funeral and Balcan folk music. Instead of Stulic, Bregovic did this.Excatly what he Stulic annonunced.
You shold see Azra music in you tube. This is very deep, meanholic and i would say CURSED Balkan rock music.
Before Stulic became big he was like some figure, that people run away from him, when he was bugging them, with his guitar and on the college. Be he is like a god in Zagreb, but he is living in Holland now, cause he doesnt wanna have a contact with people who will try to lick his ass, cause he was like mr nobody before that or some sort of Clown.
And that is a big thing Stulic and Iggy have in common. They are alive, but their cult status is so big, that we could compare them to all kind of dead rock icons, who became legends when they died.
Iggy is also first and probably the last person who is talking to his fans in person directly in his face a few inches away.
Well in Zagreb, he was actually questioning us more than we questioned him,most of those stupid musicians not
the mainstram have a bigger snobby attitude that they dont wanna even talk to to you. And even many many underground bands have this snoby attitude, believe it or not. Iggy asked me who i was, what i was doing, what is this shirt that i wear(It was MENENDES BROTHERS shirt of my band, me holding a knife), he asked others as well, but then schock came.
IMAGINE yourself talking to some of the bigest, famous musician/actor AND....All of suden he started to talk about
people who doesnt live far away than 2 miles from you. He was talking about them like some kind off...I am not gonna say god but some higher force. He talked about LAIBACH, and that is very bizarre i mean unusual, cause, these people dont live far avay than two mile away from me. Well Laibach were recognised definetly as one of the most controversial and extreme bands of all time, but it still kind of unusual , cause a could see them evrey month in the street and besides IGGY is probably 20 times biger than them.
AND when you get people like RAMONES dying one after another in begining of this century,
WHEN you have those 27 club musicians kiling themself or dying in accident/overdose
WHEN you have Mtv people earning money from naive assholes buying their products
WHEN you have mainstream and underground music going in all kind of direction, trying to form new direction without any sucscess,
you still have IGGY and the Stooges coming up on the stage in intro of loose like some kind of wounded animal, cause
that is the best way tod describe iggy. He started like a wounded animal, Ashetons woke up that animal in him, and he will die like a wounded animal. IGGY, sort of have some kind of Fuck you attitude to most of us in the backstage, but definetly
not in the sense of I am better than you, but in sense of trying to prove us something good for us.
I will never forget his words,when his finger touch my brest and said:,,Remember buddy good musicians plays to the day they die.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Iggy is the shit man. I can tell. Anyone who dealt business with him can tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 pm

seventeen wrote:
Iggy is the shit man. I can tell. Anyone who dealt business with him can tell.
No shit?! You worked with Iggy?Well, that s cool. But why are you here if he disapontied you?
Back to top Go down
seventeen

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:27 pm

No I didn't, but I now someone who did Smile (thought I met Iggy a couple of times, and I can confirm that)
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Now i really don get it. You mean, i am the only person that you know which met iggy?
But i didint say anything bad about him? He was very open minded and then you are saying yo met him. Thought?
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:07 pm

dobio sam majicu
u tri boje bojenu
stigla mi je iz Amerike
iz Njujorske drzave
a na njoj pise
joj sto volim Iggy Pop
na njoj pise
Iggy Pop
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
seventeen

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Thu ? Just saying your description is true to life that's all.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 pm

seventeen wrote:
Thu ? Just saying your description is true to life that's all.
Now, wait.You are kidding me? You are calling me a liar?
I can paste a picture here where, you can see iggy and me, and i will also publish interview with Ron Asheton, very soon.
I really dont konw why is so hard to believe that we talk with Iggy pop and Asheton brothers in person.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Iguanas wrote:
dobio sam majicu
u tri boje bojenu
stigla mi je iz Amerike
iz Njujorske drzave
a na njoj pise
joj sto volim Iggy Pop
na njoj pise
Iggy Pop
Pa đe si bre?! Vidim, da ima ovdje ljudi i iz nase teritorije. Sta si ti mislis oko te price, Stulica Bregovica i Iggyja popa?
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 pm

ho , ho on s'arrête la avec les langues étrangères Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:38 pm

Mitä vittua täällä rähistään?
Back to top Go down
ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:41 pm

soldier wrote:
Ya yo hablo espanol !?
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Well i talked to to the iguanas in croatian/serbian, cause he is probablly living nearby me, i hope that nothing is wrong with that, but i gotta tell you, that i am kind of disapointed with all this, cause i hoped, that this will be intelectual coversation, but you people are not taking serious, what i wrote.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Sorry to disappoint Iggy stage antics are an act. Oh and The Ashetons were never spoilt, Iggy just liked to trash talk them because his ego couldn't deal with the fact that he didn't write any of the music.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Sorry to disappoint Iggy stage antics are an act. Oh and The Ashetons were never spoilt, Iggy just liked to trash talk them because his ego couldn't deal with the fact that he didn't write any of the music.
You are not serious, well i dont give a fuck if you dont believe that. It is nothing stranefe if i met iggy.
He can confirm you that, but i dont think, he is checking this forum.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:25 pm

soldier wrote:

http://stoogesforum.freeforumboard.net/down-on-the-street-f9/iggy-s-sp-lb-trash-t1567-80.htm#24989

Smile

I wrote the words of the song "Iggy Pop" (by Branimir Stulic) and this song is in Croatian/Serbian language, not English or French.
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Diego Menendes wrote:
Iguanas wrote:
dobio sam majicu
u tri boje bojenu
stigla mi je iz Amerike
iz Njujorske drzave
a na njoj pise
joj sto volim Iggy Pop
na njoj pise
Iggy Pop
Pa đe si bre?! Vidim, da ima ovdje ljudi i iz nase teritorije. Sta si ti mislis oko te price, Stulica Bregovica i Iggyja popa?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ok , can you translate for us ? plz
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 am

Stulic has written many brilliant songs, but the words of this song are stupid.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Calm down Diego Menendes. I think you have missunderstood what seventeen was saying.

stoogesforum@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://stoogesforum.freeforumboard.net
seventeen

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah "Iggy is the shit", means he is the man !
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:40 am

Diego Menendes wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
You are not serious, well i dont give a fuck if you dont believe that. It is nothing stranefe if i met iggy.

He never wrote any of the music though (like he claimed he did for years) and his stage antics are an act, there's no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:34 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Diego Menendes wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

He never wrote any of the music though (like he claimed he did for years) and his stage antics are an act, there's no doubt about it.
Iggy didnt wrote any music? What do you mean?! He wrote material for first album and fun house with Ashetons and Alexander and he wrote about half of the material on the Fun house. On Fun house Iggy had kind of Jagger Richard relationship with Williamson, so i really dont know what are you talking about
Back to top Go down
boogie

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm sure iggy himself wrote doojiman lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:51 pm

I dont understand a god damn word you are talking people, are you serious?
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Diego Menendes wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
Diego Menendes wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

Iggy didnt wrote any music? What do you mean?! He wrote material for first album and fun house with Ashetons and Alexander and he wrote about half of the material on the Fun house. On Fun house Iggy had kind of Jagger Richard relationship with Williamson, so i really dont know what are you talking about

Yeah sure, Iggy wrote the lyrics but not the music. The only stooges song he has written all by himself, including lyrics and music, is "I Got a Right" and that's confirmed by other members of the band and, I think, he had something to do with the "down on the street" riff. And you're mixing up fun house with raw power, james and iggy had that relationship while writing raw power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   

Back to top Go down

IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next