great to see that photo again Steve.

Thought you'd like that one. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Mon May 10, 2010 3:13 am

Dispite Ig's pro-Ron statements these last few years, we all know how it's always gone down between the two of them, and he's not one to keep putting Ron's name out there. They still have a future, Iggy gave a nod to Ron at the HoF ceremony, and now it's time to focus on the game at hand. The best way they can give Ron a continuous salute is to keep putting on kick-ass shows and producing great new material.
At this point it's left to Scott to do anything crediting his brother, and so far there has been very little from him.
The show must go on with what they got, and maybe that's the way they want it for now.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 am

Mstenln wrote,

" At this point it's left to Scott to do anything crediting his brother, and so far there has been very little from him."

Perhaps you are not aware of the tribute Jam for Ron that was held in LA in January of this year. It was coordinated by Scott's daughter Leanna, for her uncle. There is thread about the jam right in this section of the forum, Not sure if it is on page 2 or 3 but you may want to take a look.

Not everybody shouts their grief from rooftops. Having just had a conversation with Scott last week in London, I can assure you that his brother is on his mind.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Mon May 10, 2010 4:24 am

Natalie wrote:
Mstenln wrote,

" At this point it's left to Scott to do anything crediting his brother, and so far there has been very little from him."

Perhaps you are not aware of the tribute Jam for Ron that was held in LA in January of this year. It was coordinated by Scott's daughter Leanna, for her uncle. There is thread about the jam right in this section of the forum, Not sure if it is on page 2 or 3 but you may want to take a look.

Not everybody shouts their grief from rooftops. Having just had a conversation with Scott last week in London, I can assure you that his brother is on his mind.

Nat - what are you reflections from the London gigs? I'm sure we all would be interested in hearing your insights into seeing James after all these years as well as this incarnation of the band. 'Enquiring minds want to know'.
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Mon May 10, 2010 4:48 am

Natalie wrote:
Perhaps you are not aware of the tribute Jam for Ron that was held in LA in January of this year. It was coordinated by Scott's daughter Leanna, for her uncle. There is thread about the jam right in this section of the forum, Not sure if it is on page 2 or 3 but you may want to take a look. Not everybody shouts their grief from rooftops. Having just had a conversation with Scott last week in London, I can assure you that his brother is on his mind.
I'm sure of that to say the least, and Scott has always been the least verbal of all the band, whom are typically non-verbal. But dispite the jam which was indeed very cool and would have been expected, it's pretty much in Scott's court as to any further tributes instead of the others. That said, I doubt he want's to be constantly reminded of his loss, which he probably has been from well-wishers plus not seeing Ron next to the drum kit, and would like to work past the grief that came come in stages in his own way, and may in time even have further things happening to honor his brother. Moving forward and working up new material is a good way to keep the demons away and focused on life's positives.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Mon May 10, 2010 5:13 am

Natalie wrote:
Mstenln wrote,

That all makes sense. I didn't hear anyone back in the original reunion going on about Dave, though he was an original Stooge. Sometimes it's less painful to NOT look back all the time.

I don't know Scott personally (DAMN!), but I'm sure there isn't a show that goes by without him thinking about his big brother. Let's leave well enough alone, and enjoy the fact that we still have Stooges at all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Triskell

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Tue May 11, 2010 2:33 am

Once you're sixty, this is something you will have to cope with. And it's not easy. They've certainly paid tribute to Ron, I'm not going to order them to mention him in every gig.

They seem to be doing relatively well, and I'm happy about that; it could have been different:
Maureen Tucker pretty much stopped playing once her mother died - she'd lost her guitarist, Sterling Morrison, shortly before. It's not easy to deal with this stuff; one thing is coping with grief, but at the same time, she needed a new lead guitarist and a new babysitter. She hasn't given at all many interviews since then, so I don't know her exact reasons, but I can have a guess!
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 am

Triskell speaks truth. When I was 39 a spate of my contemporary friends died from AIDS, cancers and other medical mishaps all at once it seemed. The best advice I heard during this first round of sad demises came from a music store clerk half my age who proffered: "You'd better get used to this. The older you get, the more it's going to be happening." No
Back to top Go down
thehumanvirus

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Tue May 11, 2010 5:55 pm

true let the music do the talking
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Tue May 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Triskell wrote:

Maureen Tucker pretty much stopped playing once her mother died - she'd lost her guitarist, Sterling Morrison, shortly before. It's not easy to deal with this stuff; one thing is coping with grief, but at the same time, she needed a new lead guitarist and a new babysitter. She hasn't given at all many interviews since then, so I don't know her exact reasons, but I can have a guess!

I was actually thinkin about this the other day, what on earth happend to Mo ?

I enjoyd one of her solo albums a lot and after the VU reunions shows years ago, I expected to hear more from her. I thought she would finally get the recognition as one of the coolest percussionist/drummers in rock n roll, but haven't heard any news since then...
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Wed May 12, 2010 5:35 pm

thehumanvirus wrote:
true let the music do the talking

You tell 'em, Joe. Wink
Back to top Go down
sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   Mon May 17, 2010 9:30 am

Them playing "I Wanna be yr Dog" is mention enough.

They have all mentioned Ronnie in various ways since his death, it would be a bit silly and redundant to do it every time they play a show. I'm w/ Aku, it about fun...not a funeral service.

How many times did the Stooges (when Ronnie was still around) mention Dave? Every gig? I highly doubt it.

Something tells me Ron is not offended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not one mention of Ron   

Back to top Go down

Not one mention of Ron
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: