ARE THESE RARE CDs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Thats great, thanks for the heads up. Ill check out both versions and see what they're like.

Any info on the numerous 'Unknown Songs'? I've read/heard countless stories of people paying through the roof for bootlegs only to find its the same song with a different title. Ar these rough jams or properly constructed songs?
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
andrew

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 pm

blackout88 wrote:
Any info on the numerous 'Unknown Songs'? I've read/heard countless stories of people paying through the roof for bootlegs only to find its the same song with a different title. Ar these rough jams or properly constructed songs?
Going by my tape copy, which has a similar running order, 'unknown song' #1 thru' 6 are Iggy plus a guitarist and drum machine going through some very sketchy song ideas / improvisations. In other words they are not full Stooges rehearsals, and I haven't spotted anything to indicate whether or not they are even from the Stooges period. It certainly doesn't sound very 'Stoogey' and I don't think it's very interesting stuff.

'unknown song' #7 is 'Mellow Down Easy', and can be found on the 'Wild Love' CD, followed by some instrumental jamming in a similar vein - again it's pretty inessential.

'unknown song' #8 is the up tempo ending part of an incomplete take of 'Till The End Of The Night'
Back to top Go down
blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 am

Ahhhh cool, thanks for the info, its much appreciated. I take it these 'unknown songs' could be the rehearsals with Tornado Turner after James was kicked out? I never understood why Ron never reprised his role as lead guitarist at this point. It could've maybe even kick-started another stab at the twin guitar set-up.
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   

Back to top Go down

ARE THESE RARE CDs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2