Share | 

Support Your Local Stooges Fan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwin S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:56 pm

I'm on the far left of the photo - This was at United Palace back '07.

As many of you know, The Stooges are running a contest at www.inthehandsofthehands.com to pick 6 fans to film them preforming Raw Power at ATP for video release. The way you enter is to make a video showcasing your love of the band, asking a decent question, and most importantly, the quality of the video. They will be picking the winners from the submitted entries by judging the comments to the video and ratings you tube.

I already posted this topic under 'Scene of the Crime', (See original post here) ,but I thought more people would see it here. Nathalie Schlossman said "my video was the best entry" which was really quite an honor as she's the ultimate Stooges fan. I hope you''ll take the time to look at my video and share a comment/rating as I really want to win this contest. I am a professional cameraman with pro gear and experience in shooting live shows. As a fan, I want a professionally shot show and I believe I can shoot the Stooges with respect. There's not much decent concert footage out there of my favorite band of all time and I want to change that.

If I win, I'll ask the members of the forum to submit some questions for Iggy and the rest of the band because after the show, we get to met up with The Stooges and interview them. I know many of you here have excellent questions and I the real fans to get some answers to things they have always wanted to know.

Again, I want to thank everyone for the support I have recieved so far - the comments and feedback has meant a lot to me. I thank all of you for taking the time to read this and hope you like my entry. If you do, please leave a comment on you tube and give me a thumbs up.

You can see my video by clicking here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuKmvivVZoA[/right]

Or you can double click the entry below to be taken to the You Tube page. For the best quality, please be sure to watch it in full HD/1080P.

Back to top Go down
boogie

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Please guys shoot a Stooges video not just another iggy-doin-his-stuff video.Some Scott,some JW soloin,rather than just follow the singer roamin the stage.

Last edited by boogie on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Amen, Boogie. Lets not get caught up in lead singer syndrome again.

We want tight, clean shots of the entire band.
Back to top Go down
Edwin S

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Natalie wrote:
Amen, Boogie. Lets not get caught up in lead singer syndrome again.

We want tight, clean shots of the entire band.

That is my biggest fear when shooting with non-professionals. Many people will only focus on Iggy. This is The Stooges, not Iggy solo. I am going to film iggy, but I plan to focus more on James, Scott, Mike and Steve as I know that many others will only be focusing on Iggy. He is the greatest frontman ever, but he does have an amazing band that backs him up and deserves more attention, which is something I promise to do. If you pick me, I won't let you down - someone has to capture James' solos. Most people who filn the Stooges professionally always miss those moments because they don't know the music. Needless to sat, that won't be a problem with me.
Back to top Go down
Edwin S

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Just curious: if I won, what questions would you have for The Stooges? Is there something you guys always wanted to know, but didn't?
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

YES your 100% right Edwin...as its a STOOGES show not an Iggy solo show,its very important,they never get closeups of Scott I notice,or Steve Mckay for that matter! I wish us both luck!Im looking forward to meeting you in Atlantic City look out for me ok?
A question I personally want to know Im saving If I win,they want you to pick 2 songs from Raw Power and ask about them,the first line of Death Trip has always baffled me,what is teh meaning of"You know a girl will steer you wrong, Sun can drive you blind,Move to Master My Machine,Baby will not stand in line...." Ive listened to that line a million times and watched him mouth it in tons of live shows,what is its meaning?Maybe it it means he wants to get away and master his Mojo??haha Anyway I want to pick Death Trip and I need Somebody,those are my faves.
Do you guys have any particulars you have always wondered about?Lyrics etc.?They can seem a little trite,but the answers they give I bet will be informative! Thats why I ask teh questions I did in my video,I thought what questions would warrant interesting answers,as opposed to what may seem like interesting questions but will get get one word answers.Edwin I liked your questions too,you seemd to have thought behind them also.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:17 pm

I would like to know what else The Stooges can sing about apart from Iggys huge cock and sexual conquests. affraid
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:27 pm

I'd like somebody to ask the band themselves why Ron's basslines are so inaudible. There's been thousands of excuses but as the documentary shows they were recorded fine. An honest answer would be nice.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:31 pm

TED wrote:
I would like to know what else The Stooges can sing about apart from Iggys huge cock and sexual conquests. affraid

I would want to know more about their song writing process from a non-Iggy point of view and more from Scott and Steve. Especially from Scott as he's the "silent" Stooges, I would guess he would be a great interview if you could get him to open up.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Did you guys see escaped maniacs??great interviews of the band.
Back to top Go down
Edwin S

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:49 am

I would love to ask Scott some questions. Perhaps, I can get him to talk about Ron's basslines on Raw Power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support Your Local Stooges Fan   

Back to top Go down

Support Your Local Stooges Fan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1