Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 am

i wasnt able to order it....Rhino must not be in a big hurry to sell them
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:12 am

Its a farce, especially as they are aware of the problem.
Back to top Go down
davidh

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:31 am

Weird - I ordered mine for Australia last night, first time, no hassles. Which makes me happy, but I'm confused about problems others are having.
Back to top Go down
Monger

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm

The samples on rhinos site are up...not bad sounding at all...and once its in the stereo here im sure it will sound much better!
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Many problems to order it. But finally I made it.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Luzern

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:32 pm

I tried again using Firefox on a different computer and could place an order!
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Rhino UK have updated their website but no Unganos listed for sale... neither is the Funhouse box, which could save UK purchasers heavy postage and tax
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:23 am

I bought the Unganos and at least that code I got for the rotten Stooges 1st set helped...but...

[Warning extreme NEGATIVITY below. Please look away now if you are of a sensitive nature]

To see Rhino selling the so-called Limited Edition Funhouse set again is really cheap and cynical. So they left the number off it. Big deal! That does not mitigate their underhand action in the slightest in these eyes. The packaging is exactly the same and so who will care whether or not it has a number it makes the limited edition not-limited. One in the eye for those of us who, in good faith, forked out a lot of money the first time round. They could have at least changed the presentation box to distinguish from the original. I know Stooges fans will be happy but I say it again a cynical move.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:48 am

When I bought the Funhouse box 10 years ago I remember reading on the Handmade website the caveat that they reserved the right to do a second printing of the same size as the first of any Handmade titles of their choosing. So unless the new pressing is greater than 3000 copies (possible but unlikely) they haven't actually broken their word. I do admit though to a slight feeling of dismay that one of the most valuable items in my collection is no longer so valuable. Not that I was ever planning on selling it, but still.

Trying to order Unganos has been an exercise in frustration for me. I keep getting this message that they cannot validate the shipping address that I enter. This is the same address that I used to order the deluxe edition of the first album. Is anybody else getting this and figured out a way around it? I'd rather not order by phone.
Back to top Go down
davidh

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 am

sizeable bulge wrote:
When I bought the Funhouse box 10 years ago I remember reading on the Handmade website the caveat that they reserved the right to do a second printing of the same size as the first of any Handmade titles of their choosing. So unless the new pressing is greater than 3000 copies (possible but unlikely) they haven't actually broken their word. I do admit though to a slight feeling of dismay that one of the most valuable items in my collection is no longer so valuable. Not that I was ever planning on selling it, but still.
Are you sure? My memory was that they specifically said that they would never reissue the material as it was, and the only 'exception' was that they might take some of the music from it and put it out again (which justified the 2CD Funhouse CD). Still, despite the fact it's the most I've ever spent on one musical item (and about twice as much as the 'new' version will cost), I'm glad I've had it for the past decade +
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:58 am

I agree with mr.datsun. my memory was it was not to be released ever again and thought it is a clever marketing move, to instigate a vote on a re-issue and maybe tne only way to get it re-issued with honour...i wouldn't be suprised if Tim Buckley's "Works in Progress" didn't win the vote, but they release the "Funhouse" box anyway.
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 am

My memory is that they said that while they didn't expect to re-release any Rhino Handmade limited editions they wouldn't promise that it would never happen under any circumstances. Personally I'm glad they've reissued it. I bought it first time round, but that's 'cos I wanted the set, not 'cos it was 'collectable'. I don't really like the idea of limited editions - I'd rather everyone who wants one has an opportunity to get it.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 am

ok this is what Dr Rhino were saying on the USA site in 1999

Q. Do You Really Delete Each Rhino Handmade Title After You Sell Your Announced Edition Limit?

Yes, we do. Once the announced individually numbered limited edition pressing of any title has been sold out, that individually numbered limited edition title will no longer be manufactured by Rhino Handmade.

Q. Does This Mean That Rhino Handmade Will Never Ever Ever Re-release A Rhino Handmade Title Which Has Been Deleted?

Well, to begin with "Never Ever Ever" is a very, very long time. So let us put it this way: 'No, We Will Not, But With A Small Asterisk'.

Rhino Handmade seeks to make otherwise unavailable audio delights available to collectors who have been patiently - or impatiently - waiting for them to be reissued. Rhino Handmade will be the only source for these individually numbered limited editions. For each title we announce edition pressing limits which we think will cover all of these waiting collectors. But it is conceivable that we will, at some point, discover that an announced edition limit is so wildly disproportionate with the actual demand from collectors that everyone - collectors, Artists and Rhino Handmade Institute Of Petromusicology Archivists - will have been done a great disservice by not considering some manner of re-release. So the Small Asterisk is although we do not presently plan to ever re-release a deleted Rhino Handmade title, cannot presently imagine a circumstance under which that would take place, we reserve the option to - under extraordinary circumstances - resurrect a deleted Rhino Handmade release for a second pressing which would be NO LARGER than its initial pressing. It is also possible, though equally quite unlikely, that a Rhino Handmade release will turn out to be so popular, so in-demand that The Archivists Council Of Elders might decide to it should be released for traditional retail sales through traditional retail stores. Should there be That Month Of Sundays and a Rhino Handmade title is ever be switched over to be sold at retail, it will (1) NOT be individually numbered and (2) it will NOT be on Rhino Handmade.
Back to top Go down
davidh

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:27 pm

In other words, if the stars are in alignment, and we can't fight the tide of public opinion, and (most importantly) there's a buck to be made, we'll do it again Razz
Back to top Go down
Monger

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 am

I skipped lunch for 2 weeks to get this the first time around...and while its good others can get to hear it,the package should have been way scaled down for those who lived on candy bars for 2 weeks to still have something special,but Rhino should change it from "handmade" to "Bottom Line"
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:47 pm

cant even get teh cart to work at rhino.
Back to top Go down
rubber legs

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:13 am

I ordered it with no problem, but I forgot about the discount code, so I called customer service to seen if they could apply it retroactively. They said that they would just have to cancel the order, then I could re-order with the discount code. They said that it would be canceled in about two hours. I asked for email confirmation, they said they would send it. Over a week later, I still haven't received an email and last time I checked my Rhino account, the order was still showing. Pathetic. Good thing I didn't order a second. I may call again and re-cancel and just not bother with this one. After getting screwed on the Collector's Edition version of the first LP, and now getting effed on this, I think I'm done with them.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:07 am

The 1st album collectors edition has been given one star on the rhino site...with over 80 votes
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Now it says it's gonna be released on 22 hmmmm
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:14 am

when ordering you have to WAIT after pushing any button,cart total etc it takes forever but will work,go to another site in teh meantime,or come back after a bit while keeping it open,after a bit it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!   

Back to top Go down

Ungano's soon and Funhouse complete to boot!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5