Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Well heres how it works I ordered the Funhouse Box set AND Unganos,now since Unganos got changed to a 11/22 date release they wont ship me the released Funhouse UNTIL Unganos comes in since its on the same order!!!,SHIT wish I ordered them separate,but who knew???Guess this is the way its working,the guy said on teh phone if its postponed again he will cancel the order ,ship funhouse separately.But that way I gotta reorder,wait for my card to be refunded in the meantime,ugh!!!Well am I the only one in this boat,Im thinking whomever ordered teh Rhino set is probably ordering Unganos too.I have a burned set of the boxset so I guess Ill live with that for now.But really wanted my items ontime!
Back to top Go down
purrcafe

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:22 pm

I was wondering where the hell my stuff was.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:04 am

Had two emails from Rhino in two days saying Unganos is ready for shipping (but no email saying my order has been shipped!)
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:06 am

me neither but he said mine shipped just call them to confirm.also check your paypal,bank statement whatever,they JUST charged me.

the guy said its weird i didnt get an email,but seems to be the consensus.its on the way to you guarantee it,call them for peace of mind.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:30 am

That sucks. I know how it feels like to have to wait more and more days. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 am

Rhino drops the ball again...well,its what happens once the music fans are out and the suits take over...Unganos would have been much more a desireable product had EA gotten ahold of it.I havent even gotten my copy yet,but im guessing it will have some pretensious liner notes written with a rolling stone magazine type of journalisim by some "indy rock" type "name"
Its almost like i know what to expect.While im glad everyone can get a copy of funhouse,id think the packaging would be toned down for the collecters with the first edition..but see it from rhinos viewpoint..why design all new packaging,and have to pay for it..for a set that will have to sell for less than the originals..when the dies and packaging for the first editions already on file and you can charge a premium for them? 119 bucks is better than 59 bucks! Rhinos excuse that the new ones wont have that valuable rubberstamped number inside the box is tacky.Im hoping the Unganos tape makes it worth it,and its not another Raw Power boxset (embarrisngly badly done..who gives a shit what Tom Morello or Radiohead or whoever they got whos "hip" think about a album they probably only heard while waiting on their agents phone?) "Peaches" was good,but it was basically a repackage of the coloumbia CD with a bonus disc of bomp "outtakes" in addition to the live disc...one would think some of the multipletakes from tthe album sessions would be used,but that might require someone to go through them and that could cost money,when we have the bowie version ready to go...tack on some of igs remixes that are also done already...and you gave a package that seems like a whole bunch new but really isnt..whole project was a record co/RnR hall of fame jerkoff.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 am

Rhino Handmade have compiled a sampler album, free with orders placed in the next three days. It includes the John Cale mix of "Not Right"...wonder if they have corrected the speed.

http://www.rhino.com/article/handmade-sampler?eml=rn/112610/freesamplertext
Back to top Go down
MJG196

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Monger wrote:
Rhino drops the ball again...well,its what happens once the music fans are out and the suits take over...Unganos would have been much more a desireable product had EA gotten ahold of it.I havent even gotten my copy yet,but im guessing it will have some pretensious liner notes written with a rolling stone magazine type of journalisim by some "indy rock" type "name"

Well, before I jump to conclusions, I'd like to hear from someone who has received the show. Why guess, when you can be certain? I am withholding any judgment until I read some reviews from people who have received it.

Monger wrote:
While im glad everyone can get a copy of funhouse,id think the packaging would be toned down for the collecters with the first edition..but see it from rhinos viewpoint..why design all new packaging,and have to pay for it..for a set that will have to sell for less than the originals..when the dies and packaging for the first editions already on file and you can charge a premium for them? 119 bucks is better than 59 bucks! Rhinos excuse that the new ones wont have that valuable rubberstamped number inside the box is tacky.

Part of the appeal of the box set was the packaging, so why fix something that ain't broke? To redesign new packaging would have cost a significant amount of money. And as for Rhino choosing not to number the new sets, I think that's a pretty good way of differentiating the boxes. How is that tacky? And what is it an excuse for? I think Rhino saw the fans wanted them to reissue a much-sought after set and wanted to give the voters what they wanted. The exact same legendary product.

Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:47 am

i think the new boxes were made before the votes were counted they were appearing on ebay as un-numbered promo copies of the original issue a long time ago, no promo stamp/sticker just the same but un-numbered.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Ok my set will be here on the 29th,got my tracking #,the first clerk said it went usps no track# that was the first time I called.I called again just to make sure and guess what?It went UPS and I got a tracking #!!........wow.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 am

gotem both today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....   

Back to top Go down

GODAMNIT RHINO!!! Orders held up if ....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1