HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
that's peanut butter

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:50 am

Just got sent this by a friend from the Las Vegas Sun. The forum won't let me post a link. Sept 02 2011 Article title
Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show in Las Vegas after foot fractures

Iggy & The Stooges’ scheduled Sept. 10 Las Vegas date at the Joint has been postponed after the 64-year-old punk godfather suffered “multiple fractures” in his left foot when he tripped over a mic stand during a show in Romania on Aug. 27, according to a press release from concert promoter AEG Live.

“After several days of rest at his Cayman Islands home, his need for medical attention became apparent,” the release explains. “[His doctor] has confirmed a pair of fractures in the metatarsal of Pop’s left foot and instructed the singer to take six-to-eight-week hiatus from performing.”

Here's video of it, you can't really see it but Iggy keeps saying he thinks he broke his foot. Video is pro shot.
Well, no link but it's on youtube titled Iggy Pop & The Stooges @ Peninsula 2011 by user TheFrownedUponArea

Hope I did this right, first time and I have no idea what 'description" is asking for.
Glad I got to see the Ann Arbor show!
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:38 am

aie aie Ig'

Back to top Go down
that's peanut butter

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks soldier!
I do understand why the forum makes us wait for link posting.
I didn't mean to sound insensitive, if I did, about the Stooges' health problems. I was just very lucky to see the Ann Arbor show through the kindess of friends and would see them again ASAP if I could.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:58 pm

There is that moment during S&D in the above clip, where he walks backwards and seems to step on the mic stand. That's probably when it happened. But it seems he still finished the show! With a broken foot.

But that means that all of the following shows are cancelled, right? Which means no more Stooges shows this year?

09.07.11 Los Angeles, Hollywood Palladium
09.10.11 Las Vegas, NV, The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel

09.12.11 San Francisco, The Warfield
09.13.11 San Francisco, The Warfield
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:29 pm

I dare say, this could be end of the third act.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:27 pm

james matlock wrote:
I dare say, this could be end of the third act.

Certainly seems like it could slow it down.

Which, to be honest, is only a good thing.

I know iggy wants to push on with a new album, new tours, his own follow up to preliminaires and apparently - which is music to my ears - he wants to tour idiot/lust for life

but if it means keeping them healthy and happy, i'd prefer less dates or a less strenuous schedule

then again neil young keeps working almost non-stop and with a great standard of work so with examples like that it might just be about pacing yourself when appropriate

was saddened to hear about Scott's situation on the plane, must've been scary, but it sounds like he is getting better, enough to hopefully join the guys again

always drama surrounding the stooges,

HJW
Back to top Go down
studioguy

Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:23 am

From James W's FB page

"
Our last show was in Romania last week and during the show Iggy came down hard and in an unsual place on the mic stand which was laying on the floor.

After his injury in Romania he finally saw a doctor yesterday and has a... pair of fractured metatarsal bones in his foot which will put him out of action for 6/8 weeks. It is with great regret we have to postpone the dates for LA, Vegas and San Francisco but if he goes ahead he could injure himself further and thus with a longer recovery. We are looking at rescheduling for the end of Oct/early Nov.

I am truely sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you but it is what it is.

Best,

james
"
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures   

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop cancels Sept. 10 show after foot fractures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1