Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc

Number of posts : 1760
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:16 pm

turdburglar wrote:
mc wrote:
If you order from Easy Action ask if they have any of the Jimmi Recca booklets left. They printed these after the cd set as Jimmi was AWOL at the time.

Hey, what are the "Jimmy Recca booklets?"

An 18 page CD size booklet of Ken Shimamoto interviewing Jimmy Recca about his time with the Stooges, entitled - Jimmy Recca: The "Lost" Stooge Resurfaces.

I received mine when I ordered the Popped package, but I think you could (can?) ask Easy Action and just pay postage and they'd send them to you if you bought the 1971 box set from them.

If you email Carlton at Easy Action and he still has some of these please let the forum know. If EA don't have any more of these let me know and I'll scan and post the interview.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
turdburglar

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-11-11

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 am

Great, thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 am

It's a nice interview and pretty detailed. Jimmy's memory of the time is surprisingly good. I guess he wasn't quite as smacked out as the rest of the band
Back to top Go down
woody

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 pm

I didn't get that with my copy. Be great to know if any are available... would love to read it!
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 am

Jimmy's recollection of Ron's excitement to re-join the Stooges as bass player is amusing given Ron's subsequent sour grapes. There's nothing shameful about switching to bass. Ron did a great job as bass player and other groups (Yardbirds) pulled a similar switch. And as much as I love Ron's
guitar playing I think Iggy made the right move in changing course. Ron's wah-wah sound was outdated and James offered a fresh direction.
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 am

Anyone get a yes or a no as to whether Easy Action still have any Jimmi Recca booklets?
Back to top Go down
woody

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:18 am

Just waiting on a reply.
Back to top Go down
woody

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Ok , had a nice message back and the news is that they do have some copies... (at least one, anyway).
Cheers Easy Action!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 pm

nice one.
Back to top Go down
woody

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:19 pm

sunny Yeah thanks for the advice on that mc, much appreciated. I had no idea I was missing the booklet.

Also the guys at Easy Action have been very helpful. Cool beans all around. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)    

Back to top Go down

You Dont Want My Name You Want My Action (4 CD Box)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2