Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Sorry but it does not work.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Looks great. Previously unseen (by me) Stooges pic at 1.25. That's Zeke Zettner in the red pants. I'm guessing the guy to his right is roadie/Iggy lookalike Eric Haddix. That would leave Bill Cheatham as the guy in the chair with his back to the camera. This would be in NY before/after the 8/70 Ugano's gig. I wonder if Natalie took the photo?

Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 am

This movie is now on Netflix in USA.

Steve
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy

Number of posts : 3441
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:30 am

Its on Netflix in the UK
Back to top Go down
mc

Number of posts : 1759
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:22 am

The DVD (I got the R1 version) has the full video of Nico's Evening of Light as an extra which is pretty cool to see. Lots of extra stuff with Iggy in than has previously been on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Watched it yesterday, well worth it. What an amazing story!
Back to top Go down
mc

Number of posts : 1759
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 am

Pop Stüge wrote:
Watched it yesterday, well worth it. What an amazing story!

Yeah it was very good. Better put together and with much better flow than Gimme Danger.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:00 am

Excellent documentary.
Way 'Stoogier' than Gimmie Danger. Using the "correct" version of I Got A Right as the intro was a good start. GD hypes up IGaR as the progenitor of hardcore punk (true), but proceeds to play the cheesy version.

There's a NY radio interview of from Fields a few years back where he plays recordings on-air of conversations in early '71 with Iggy. Ig is bummed about his dead bird & mentions a cash/coke payment for the upcoming '71 Detroit shows (released much later as 'You Don't Want my name..'). Hope this made it to the DVD extras.

Also lot's of great anecdotes and audio/video of Warhol, Elektra Records, Doors, Lou Reed, Ramones etc.
Back to top Go down
midnight frank

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:49 pm

trailerborn wrote:
Excellent documentary.
Way 'Stoogier' than Gimmie Danger. Using the "correct" version of I Got A Right as the intro was a good start. GD hypes up IGaR as the progenitor of hardcore punk (true), but proceeds to play the cheesy version.

There's a NY radio interview of from Fields a few years back where he plays recordings on-air of conversations in early '71 with Iggy. Ig is bummed about his dead bird & mentions a cash/coke payment for the upcoming '71 Detroit shows (released much later as 'You Don't Want my name..'). Hope this made it to the DVD extras.

Also lot's of great anecdotes and audio/video of Warhol, Elektra Records, Doors, Lou Reed, Ramones etc.

Totally agree with all of the above. See it if you have a chance.

One of the many great things is hearing 1970 Iggy talking about how good the Funhouse material are. He seemed to understand that some immortal stuff were about to be put to tape...
Back to top Go down
let me in!

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 pm

midnight frank wrote:
trailerborn wrote:
Excellent documentary.

One of the many great things is hearing 1970 Iggy talking about how good the Funhouse material are. He seemed to understand that some immortal stuff were about to be put to tape...

And about how he wrote the music I suppose? I mean I'm doubtful, but I think it is at least possible that he plucked out a few riffs that were later used on Funhouse. I mean he was pretty creative back then (and did know how to play certain musical instruments). I'm sure most people scoff at the idea but I think it is at least possible. But I guess there's no one left to really dispute it now.
Back to top Go down
midnight frank

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:23 am

let me in! wrote:
midnight frank wrote:

And about how he wrote the music I suppose? I mean I'm doubtful, but I think it is at least possible that he plucked out a few riffs that were later used on Funhouse. I mean he was pretty creative back then (and did know how to play certain musical instruments). I'm sure most people scoff at the idea but I think it is at least possible. But I guess there's no one left to really dispute it now.

No, only about how good the tracks were, that the kids are gonna love it etc.

As far as who wrote what on that album, the one sure thing is that Ron came up with the TV Eye riff... After that seems Ron and Iggy have expressed different opinions over the years.

To quote Iggy from the Total Chaos book:
"...Ron came up with a few ideas that I thought sounded like our first album but not quite as good, and the one of them that was the best was "TV Eye" ...... so most of the rest of the record, I wrote on a Mosrite guitar with a fifty watt Marshall amp up in my room and only Ron could have played it so wonderfully, but most of that, I wrote. Now Ron tells me later, he said that Dave did the riffs to "Dirt" and "Fun House". I would say I hope so, I'd like to think so, but I don't remember it that way. But without that one TV Eye riff and without how hearing how great it sounded when he played it, the single string with the resonance and then build up, I would have nothing to build on, so he was still the bedrock of that album."
Back to top Go down
dally

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 am

mc wrote:
The DVD (I got the R1 version) has the full video of Nico's Evening of Light as an extra which is pretty cool to see.  Lots of extra stuff with Iggy in than has previously been on Youtube.

Does the version on netflix have this full nico video? or do I need to get the dvd R1?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Says trailer   

Back to top Go down

Danny Says trailer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1