Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The wierdness and the thoughts about it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stdtheband

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:34 am

I can't upload a song I don't own the masters of. Shit Bro, I am a musician. thats bad karma. $1 AT ITUNES and its yours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stereo-Transmitted-Disease/8547504
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:08 pm

stdtheband: Those at Itunes only got I wanna be your man. And it isn't bad karma if you support a band you like by letting people know about them.

"The Beatles where for sale. I give it away"

/Anton Newcombe.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:16 pm

In the last issue of rock&folk, Iggy says download all you want his stuff.

So let it be (I bought 6 copies anyway)
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:02 pm

stdtheband: Read what Seventeen wrote and then post the songs on the internet -It's that simple.
And the karma thing is just for shit, it's not like there's anything like a definition of a musician.
Everyone from Charles Manson to Britney Spears are one, but you can't go and point your finger telling -That's the way you're supposed to act!

Chop chop, you know what to do.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:10 pm

'The Weirdness' should be taken on its own...you can't compare it to what was done 30+ years ago. That was then, this is now.

The stand out player to me, is Rock Action...there's no question he's up there with John Bonham as far as drummers are concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:21 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin: I get you on rock action, it's impossible to think "Dirt" with out his drumming.
By the way, the tracks that wasn't on the cd and only on the vinyl/jap version and Itunes.
What about them, are they good? stdtheband sounds like thinks he'll rip of the band if he tells they're good or not.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:01 pm

The vinyl is late, but will ship soon. i'll tell you how the whole thing sound like, I'm sure the vinyl will be better than the CD.

Seeing Rock Action drumming for 1H is like seeing a plane taking off during one hour. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:20 pm

Borntohula wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin: I get you on rock action, it's impossible to think "Dirt" with out his drumming.
By the way, the tracks that wasn't on the cd and only on the vinyl/jap version and Itunes.
What about them, are they good? stdtheband sounds like thinks he'll rip of the band if he tells they're good or not.

I haven't heard them yet to be honest with you.

Last edited by on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:26 pm

I love the album, but I think only time will tell if it's a classic. I mean, some n1 hits from the seventies are just unlistenable these days, while obscure stuff like the Stooges that didn't sold more than 15 000 back then (according to Iggy) is now massive.

The Stooges only play for a minimum of 7 000 at each gig, the difference between then and now is astonishing !

When Never Mind The Bollocks or London Calling came out, they were regarded as kids playing noise for the first, and sold out punk rockers to american AOR for the second, just look where they are now.

General people and critics opinion of a new album doesn't mean anything. Time is the only judge.

That's why TV series like The Avengers are timeless, while other from then are just unwatchable, whatever their success was back in the days.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:35 pm

I agree bout Rock Action, he's fantastic on the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
rubber legs

Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:19 pm

I hate to start slamming Iggy on my second post, but I think that he is the weak link on this record. Musically I think it's great, but Iggy's vocals and lyrics are just weak. I know that he's never exactly been a poet, though "Search and Destroy" could pass for Beat poetry, but all the lyrics about money and young ass are a bit much. How old is he now?

I will continue to listen to it, in fact I pre-ordered the double vinyl version from the UK, but it's not going to replace any of the original three in regular rotation, hell, it's probably not even going to replace any of the terrible quality Williamson-era rehearsals and live recordings.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:25 pm

I disagree, this CD already as the sound of 2007 to me.
Back to top Go down
rubber legs

Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:10 pm

I'm not giving up on it yet; hopefully it will grow on me.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:11 pm

rubber legs: Do as many has said, play it on a loud volume and focus on the best stuff.
Songs that aren't the favs are easy to pass as MC5 or Rolling Stones tributes.
And the lyricpart, he has a quite nice girlfriend -He has the right to exploit that fact as a womens man in his 60s Smile
Back to top Go down
purrcafe

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:01 am

rubber: I'm with you. It doesn't offend me, but it hasn't blown me away. I'm gonna keep listening and see what I think in a month or so.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:53 pm

My idea of fun found it's way into my heart today. While I was driving I turned up the bass and lowered the discant to the lowest... The song was an explosion, it almost felt like if hell was in the sound! It was almost like the Albini mix was good Very Happy
The song made me really happy and that's what stooges songs are meant to do!
Back to top Go down
gabs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnythunders.org
stdtheband

Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:26 am

I cannot believe people do not like the Albini mixes. He took aspects of the now classic albums (the low end to the kick drum) and the low level of the bass and showcased the guitars nicely. The mixes are amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stereo-Transmitted-Disease/8547504
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:54 pm

STDTHEBAND: The bass is just felt, it's not really there. That's how Albini mixes most of the music he get's hold off.
Try listen to McLuskys last two albums, the bass is heard as long as the guitarpart isn't singing.

But sure, it's listenable. But not as good as say "FUNHOUSE!!!"
Back to top Go down
Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:56 am

I talked to Steve Albini a couple days ago and got his opinion (sort of) about the album's sound from the horse's mouth.

I expressed to him that I was surprised the album didn't have his signature sound... what happened? Did he feel the same way? Was Abbey Road's mastering at fault? etc.

Without being too specific, he said there "was a lot of stuff between [his recording] and the final product". The finished album "wasn't the one I would have made". "They used all the material they had." Implying, too, that some of the material was weak "I would have made a more concise record." Some of the sound WAS the result of Abbey Road but a lot of it was Iggy's mixing before Abbey Road... "he was 60 years old and he's half deaf from years of loud music".

I mentioned Iggy's use of a Shure SM58 mic for the vocals. Was it an issue? He replied "not really" but said a better mic was used for a few songs and rather implied he favored a better mic.

He said, "it's not a great album but they've already made the great albums and we always have those".

I did NOT get the sense that he was passing the buck at all. Basically, being frank without naming too many names.

He expressed that they were a great bunch of guys to work with, he had a LOT of fun and was honored to work with them.
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
damned

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:53 am

and now i hope they don't burn the second chance..go James go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.search-and-destroy.it
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:10 am

The best song BY FAR in my opinion is Passing Cloud
Lifes tough in the city,but its dead every other place etc...Love that line and tone of Iggys voice there.Just an unusual song that has alot,It really sounds like 2 songs stuck together as the chorus part is a completely different mood,the song is really catchy.It goes from like tough to like lalala in the clouds type of mood.

Last edited by IGGYDANZIG on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:09 am

Mexican Guy is my Fave Song.
Back to top Go down
stooges

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:42 pm

mexican guy is sound like little doll(according to me)
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:48 pm

mexican guy is my second fave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wierdness and the thoughts about it.   

Back to top Go down

The wierdness and the thoughts about it.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next